Oil & Fuel Fuel Station

/ Fuel Station
Highbeam, the flow rate is 4 gpm.

rvtech,to refill the drum,all i do is disconnect the flex hose on the dip tube,undo the strap that holds the drum on the hand truck and load it in my p/u and refill at my co-op.I only have to do this maybe every 9-10 months.I also add a diesel treatment to this drum when i do refill it

/ Fuel Station #14  
Do you use a pallett and loader forks to unload when full?
I have 2 250 gallon waste oil containers. I was considering having 1 exchanged for a new one so I could use it for diesel. The 250 gallon containers are hard to load/unload so I want to check on getting diesel delivered to see if it's worth doing.
I like your pump. That would work for any container.

/ Fuel Station #15  
Funny, just 3 days ago I thought of a similar solution as I was tired of 5 gal containers and a stool to fill my CUT.

This is (attached) what I came up with.

Same basic idea with a different twist.

Attachments

• 782219-fuel caddy.jpg
    782219-fuel caddy.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 463
   / Fuel Station #17  
<font color="blue"> 1*Do you use a pallet and loader forks to unload when full?

The 250 gallon containers are hard to load / unload so
2*I want to check on getting diesel delivered to see if it's worth doing.
3*I like your pump. That would work for any container.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ </font>
1*I would mount the tank to a dolly instead of a hand truck.
This way you can load and unload the tank ( Full or Empty } without using a pallet or loader forks.
2*You should be able to get the cheeper off road fuel delivered to a 250 gallon tank.
3* I would rather not have the pump mounted to the tank - this way you don't have to fool with taking it to the station when you fill the tank.

/ Fuel Station #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Funny, just 3 days ago I thought of a similar solution as I was tired of 5 gal containers and a stool to fill my CUT.

This is (attached) what I came up with.

Same basic idea with a different twist. )</font>
==========
What did you use for your tank?
How much does it hold?

/ Fuel Station
LBrown59 , to fill my drum when it's close to being empty, i just pick it up and place it on my p/u truck,to unload i back my truck in the shed and use a strap over my roof truss and chain hoist with a special (made for drums )drum clamps.If you need a picture i'll get one when i get a chance.Around here most fuel co. won't deliver fuel unless you get 100gal. or more.
mike

/ Fuel Station #20  
I have a discarded 2-250 gallon heating oil tanks the I use for diesel. I put a 110 volt transfer pump on one and they are plumbed together.

I think my total cost was around $200.00 and I have either 250 gallon capacity or 500. 250 if I shut one tank off.

Both tanks have Scully level indicators on them and pressure vent caps.