72.2 KB · Views: 830
   / Fuel Station
One more

Attachments

• 781089-PB240097.JPG
    781089-PB240097.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 714
   / Fuel Station #4  
Very nice. Can you tell us some of the details about it? Also, since it looks to be air driven, how do you keep moister/water out of the pump?

/ Fuel Station #5  
That is very COOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should post this in the 'Build it Yourself" forum, more peaple may see it.

And YES, more detials please...

/ Fuel Station
Yes it's air driven ,pump operates 5psi to 100psi max. with no moisture problems.The plastic drum is 35 gal. I placed it on a hand truck for easy maneuverabily.
Mike

/ Fuel Station #7  
Nice job on the fuel station. we had one of those air pumps at work and the only problem we had was after a while the check balls swelled up from the diesel fuel and would get stuck. other than that its a great idea.

/ Fuel Station #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes it's air driven ,pump operates 5psi to 100psi max. with no moisture problems.The plastic drum is 35 gal. I placed it on a hand truck for easy maneuverabily.
Mike )</font>

<font color="red"> =========== </font>

I like your set up.
Looks like with a few modifications it's just what I've had in mind for my situation.

I need a 15 gallon tank mounted on a dolly rather than a hand truck like yours. The idea is to roll the tank off the tailgate of my truck onto a shelf or dock the same height as the tailgate.
The reason for going with a 15 gallon tank is I don't use that much fuel but still use to much to fumble with the 5 gallon can method.
The 15 gallon tank would also be easier and lighter to move around than a 35 gallon tank.
A fuel station like this would eliminate lifting handling and lugging around 5 gallon cans.

Do you know where I could get a 15 gallon plastic tank suitable for storing diesel fuel?
How much air pressure will your tank stand?
What did you use for the air pump and where can I buy one?

Thanks for any info.

/ Fuel Station #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you know where I could get a 15 gallon plastic tank suitable for storing diesel fuel?)</font>

US Plastics Corp. I got my 30 gallon from them.

US Plastics closed head diesel drums

/ Fuel Station
There are alot of diaphragm pumps on the market like this one ,and of course ,you have to chose the right pump for the right job.This pump is capable of pumping diesel,acid,oil,ect.
Mike