MMM - Time to remove them here in IL.

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #1  

BloomingtonMike

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
Snow is here and last night it was 11 degrees. I removed the 72" MMM 7-iron deck from my 3320 last night for the first time. I have the regular R4 tires. I did not have any clearence problems when I removed the deck. I followed the manual since it was my first time removing it. Went just as planned. All I know is that the 7-iron deck is hernia heavy. Holy cow - I had no idea how much that thing weighed. I could barly lift the endup to reinstall the wheel on the front left side. Crazy.

I am considering the wheel set that lets you store the MMM vertically. Think they will hold on a 72" 7-iron?? Don't want to pay $100 and have it tip. It would kill a small child if it fell on them.

I am cleaning the deck up of all the grass clippings. I pulled the plastic covers and there were lots of grass clippings everywhere. I vaccumed them up and tonight I will get teh blower out and really make sure all the clippings are gone.

Who else is doing the snow conversion this time of year??

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am considering the wheel set that lets you store the MMM vertically. Think they will hold on a 72" 7-iron?? Don't want to pay $100 and have it tip. It would kill a small child if it fell on them.)</font>

Larry from MOWERAXLE.COM Will fix you up! scroll down to item #45 in the link and you will see a 72"er standing. Larry is a 1st rate businessman who will treat you right, a real pleasure to deal with.

I use his product on my 60" deck, weighs in at 300lbs. and it is rock steady.

I have no affiliation with Larry, I am just a satisfied customer!

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #3  
I have found the perfect place to store the mower deck for the winter without taking up any additional space in the garage. Under the boat trailer!

They both get put in and out of storage about the same time of the year.

This year I was a bit late on taking the mower deck off. I was dragging it through the snow while I used the forks on the FEL to re-arrange the garage and get the front blade and blower out of deep storage.

- Rick

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #4  
Once you have the wheels installed on your deck for vertical standing, Larry's Moweraxle provides a saftey chain for attaching the standing deck to a wall or other holding structure. I definately would install if children are in the area for peace of mind. I am very satisfied with my three sets of wheels purchased from Larry's.

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #5  
Use a safety chain. Here's a pic of my 62C and it weighs nowhere as much as your 72" deck. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 781994-Winter2004_0003 (600 x 450).jpg
    781994-Winter2004_0003 (600 x 450).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 239
   / MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #6  
I did my conversion just last Sunday. 72" MMM off. 59" Blower on. This was done a little later than usual but now that I have the big garage done there was not as much pressure to do it earlier. I had to make sure I had all my FEL work done because once the blower is on the FEL can't be used. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't know if you guys have tried this but I strap the MMM to the FEL bucket with the bucket dumped slightly. Raise the bucket and curl back fully leaves the MMM in an alnost vertical position at what ever height you want. It makes scraping the deck and removing the blades real easy.

Well, we got 7 or 8 inches of snow last night so guess I better get busy with the blower /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

/ MMM - Time to remove them here in IL. #7  
Bloomington Mike,

I have a 3320 with the 72" MMM. Took mine off about 3 weeks ago and stood vertically on the mower axle stands. Did project outside in HIGH wind. Cleaned MMM, powerwashed MMM (got VERY wet in HIGH wind) and MMM stood in HIGH wind without a problem. Pushed MMM into garage for winter...no problems. You will not be disappointed in the axle stands.