John Deere 5300

/ John Deere 5300
It is a 1994. The hood has hole in as well from a falling tree. That a $500 item at least!!!!!

Kevin

/ John Deere 5300 #12  
Personally I wouldn't give that much for it. With all of those problems he'd probably be lucky to get $7500 for it at the dealer. I think $500 is probably light on the price of the hood. I just put one on my 6415 and list price was $1500. I got it for $1100. Unless you're a good mechanic and can do all of this work yourself I think I'd shy away from it. The most I would pay for it would be around that $7500 mark depending on how bad I wanted the unit and how much I wanted to gamble. You may fix that pto for $5 and it may cost you $5000 to fix it. If you can do the work yourself you can probably come out ok. But if you are the mercy of the dealer then that shop labor adds up in a BIG hurry. You wouldn't be the first guy that took their tractor in for a simple fix and the repair bill wound up being more than the tractor was worth. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Just for comparison I pulled up a nice 5300 with canopy, great shape, good paint, and 3000 hours for $15,000. I'd sure rather spend the $15k on something in good shape and running good than I would spend even $7500 on one that is a big gamble.

/ John Deere 5300 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cowboydoc: I know what you are saying. Is $11,500 a good price??? That's where he is now!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Kevin )</font>

Price on Machinefinder.com ranged from $12K to $15.5K for a MFWD machine with those hours. One of these was in PA.
Well, at $11.5 and needing a PTO clutch (figure $2K), that tractor isn't a steal.
Why do you want a tractor this big? Are you a farmer?

/ John Deere 5300
Roy: No, not a farmer but I want to run a 7 1/2 foot snow blower. So I need a tractor with Class 2 3 point lift and some extra Hp to run it. Also will be doing some logging in a few years. Seems like the utility tractors are a better value than the compacts.

Cowboydoc: Thanks for the advice. You have been most helpful!!!!!

I have found a 5300 with a loader and a Curtis Soft cab at a local dealer for $16,900. The only drawback is that it has those weird turf tires. The dealer said it would cost $2000 for ag tires and rims.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Kevin