3pt wont engagge

/ 3pt wont engagge #1  

Mark4510

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4510, GT 275
I seemed to have forgotten that I did not park my tractor inside and did not cover it. As a result it had a week outside where it rained a couple of days.

Now when I click the switch to engage the 3pt it does work. The little light on the right hand side lights up but it does not engage. I can still use the bucket but no luck with the Top N Tilt. I suspect its the electronic switch but can some of the experts chime in here with what the problem is likely to be and the most likely fix?

Thanks folks.
Mark

/ 3pt wont engagge #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now when I click the switch to engage the 3pt it does work. The little light on the right hand side lights up but it does not engage. )</font>

Uh, you click a switch to "enguage" the 3pt? I don't know what that means. Why would your 3pt be disengaged?

Do you mean the PTO?

Cliff

/ 3pt wont engagge
I am not saying that correctly. To use the Top N Tilt I push a button that disengages the loader. When I push that button and move the lever it no longer engages Top N Tilt and only works with the Loader.

the light on the button still works so I assume I am getting power to that switch but I no longer hear the "Click" down in the rear of the tractor that signaled the Top N Tilt was engaged.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Mark

/ 3pt wont engagge #4  
Now that makes alot of sense!
What you have is a electric diverter kit to switch the hydraulics from the front to the rear, it is a big solenoid.
You need to see if you have power the the diverter block when the switch is ON. My bet is that there is a loose or corroded wire somewhere near or at the diverter.

Do you have a VOM or a 12v Test light?

/ 3pt wont engagge
Right you are!
I finally crawled underneath the tractor and followed ALL the wires. Just as you suspected there was a coupler that had come loose. Once I plugged the two ends back together it worked like a charm.

I did not see it the first time because it rests on top of the "Diverter" box and I assumed it was plugged in. When I tugged on one of the wires the whole bundle pulled off the top of th box and I found it.

Thanks!
Mark