Replacement locking rings for 3pt lift arms

/ Replacement locking rings for 3pt lift arms #1  

JohnnyTractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere X485
The locking rings on the lower draft (lift) arms of my 3pt are really cheesy, and I'd like to replace them with either a quick clip or something better. Removing and replacing the current rings is distorting them, and it looks like they're not long for this world. Has anyone replaced these on the 3pt hitch system on another JD CUT?

/ Replacement locking rings for 3pt lift arms #2  
If you know what is distorting them, it will lead you to what to use to replace them. I tend to go back to a cotter pin if the hole is small, or a bolt with locking nut if the hole is large enough.
Too much damage can happen if these pins fall out and an arm comes off while working. beenthere, and don't want to go back again. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Replacement locking rings for 3pt lift arms #3  
My 4010 came with those pins with a ring that folds back over the end of the arm. These rings can easily get pushed out and cause whatever did this to remove the pin. Lost a pin and spacer bushing on the 3 pt arm on my 4010 when it wasn't very old.

Tractor Supply Co. has various kinds of pins to use in place of those ring type; they're not bad if they're into holes where the hole can't be rotated and if put in from the top into vertical holes. I haven't decided which ones will work the best yet. The suggestion to use cotter pins and bolts is probably the best, but they're a nuisance to remove.

Have had almost all quick connect pins come out on my Gravely and even had some brush take out the oil dipstick from the engine. Not much fun having oil sprayed all over the place. Learned to turn the dipstick ring hard in against the engine block.

Ralph