john deere 970 question

/ john deere 970 question #1  

beagleboy

Tractor
1997 john Deere 1070 4WD
I recently bought a 970 with 3-point and power steering,but it has no other hydraulics. Can I still add this and would it be pretty expensive if I could. The reason I would like it is for using it on a two bottom hydraulic plow

/ john deere 970 question #2  
I am sure you can add an SCV and the steel lines for the loader. Deere should still have all the parts in as they are the same as my first gen 990. Like you said it may be expensive though but then you could add the rear quick coupler or a power beyond if you needed it. There still is a SCV kit made for the 1st gen 990 which may be the same part number as the one you need it's 800 sum bucks and the part number is BM17997. If you like your 970 do it as it is a great tractor. I have one also.

/ john deere 970 question #3  
I recently added rear end hydraulic couplers to a 1070. However it had the hydraulic couplers up front for a bucket. The kit from Deere assumed that the couplers up front were available. The kit cost around $200 as i recall. It was straightforward to install.

Brad

/ john deere 970 question #4  
I should also note that because the 1070 was configured for the loader, it already had the "joystick" used to control the scv. To use the rear scv I installed, I have to dismount the loader (a 5 min operation).

brad

/ john deere 970 question #5  
One of the better investments I made after purchasing my JD970 was to pick up the technical manual for the 670-1070 series CUT's on Ebay. I got the genuine JD copy and it has the fold-out's detailing the hydraulic system, electrical, etc. Very helpful as I was able to then add both front and back work light's as well as plumbed in a hydraulic cylinder into the power-beyond system to tilt the angle for my 7' backblade.
I continue to see copies every now and again offered on Ebay when I'm scanning for copies of operator/repair manuals for the other implements that came with my tractor package. Good Ebayin'. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ john deere 970 question #6  
I'll be throwing one up on e bay within the next week.Its about an inch and a half thick and is like new. I traded in my tractor and don't need it anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim