Did I do right, wife wins

/ Did I do right, wife wins #1  

roermo

Gold Member
Tractor
4110 JD
I gave up my xmas gift of a box blade and tiller for my 4110 jd so the wife could get her dream bath room whirlpool bath matching sink an stool and mirror + flooring. Just wondering if any one gave up their toys for the wifes wants. We only had so much mad money for christmas, did I do right. On the bright side I take showers too.
Roger

/ Did I do right, wife wins #2  
Roger, I think you will be "paid back" in ways you can't even begin to imagine. Hopefully there is no immedite need for the box blade and tiller. When we were building our house 5 years ago wife wanted a 4' x6' whirlpool tub. I tried talking her out of it as we had a 7 person hot tub outside. I can tell you that is perhaps the best "argument" I have lost and can't imagine not having the whirlpool tub. Bill C

/ Did I do right, wife wins #3  
In my experience, when the wife wins, life is good.

It also sounds like you have a very nice, new bathroom. Enjoy, and that box blade will be here before you know it.

Oh, and I did give up something I really wanted as well. I've decided to put off getting that Corvette I've always wanted, even though I found one that will be hard to beat.

Tom

/ Did I do right, wife wins #4  
Roger,
Good try, but I do not think you will suck any body into a response for this one. I see it as a lose-lose response, especially if their wives read the forum. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gifMy suggestion is to show her the brochures for the desperately needed new equipment while she is enjoying her new tub, preferably with you in it, the tub, as well. Explain to her, what you have given up in place of the improvements and how the purchase of these attachments would save lots of time that will ultimately lead to more improvements in the future.

less time on projects = more familly time
or less time on projects = more time to earn $

Now thats a win-win. If all else fails your both in the tub! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Ron

/ Did I do right, wife wins #5  
"if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy..."

I dunno who invented this phrase, but they were very wise...

I'd bet you'll be rewarded for your efforts...probably sooner than you think...

Besides, giving is about as much fun as tractors...

/ Did I do right, wife wins #6  
You be a wise man! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Did I do right, wife wins #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the bright side I take showers too.
Roger )</font>

And for that, we're all greatful-------------

Yeah, you done good. Consider where you might be in life WITHOUT your wife. I think about that often. My wife reminds me every so often that marriage is a 50/50 proposition. (I never like to admit it, but in my case, it's more 75/25, with me being the 75)

And I'm sure you'll get your "toys" in time.

Sounds like you had a Merry Chrismas, now go and have yourself a Happy New Year.

/ Did I do right, wife wins #8  
Wife won out initially because we were spending gobs of money to redo this house and to build a carriage house. So, I started off life with a Gravely and implements rather than a 4wd diesel tractor. I learned a lot and discovered TBN in the meantime. Ended up making a more meaningful decision on the 4wd. Bought a JD instead of a Kubota.

Ralph

/ Did I do right, wife wins #9  
"Happy wife = Happy life" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Did I do right, wife wins #10  
Roger you are the winner! You just have not figured that out yet but it will be good for you. Enjoy!