new member, new 2305

/ new member, new 2305 #1  

kljunior

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 JD 2305
I have been reading on this site and found it very useful. I took delivery of my new 2305 today and thought it would be a good time to put up my first post! I'm a groundskeeper by trade and have operated several tractors including a 755 and ford 1910. I also owned an 8N for several years. Anyhow, I hope this new 2305 is as nice as it looks.
I got it with a 200cx loader, 62c mmm, ballast box and R4 tires. I plan on getting the quick tach front hitch and 54" blade for snow also. I have a 500 foot stone drive and mow 2 1/4 acres. I also have a camp property that needs lots of site improvements. Can't wait to try it out! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ new member, new 2305 #2  
Congrats on the new addition. Time for pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ new member, new 2305 #3  
kl,

Welcome to the site. Cheers on your new acquision; I too am familiar with the 755 and how those changes have evolved to today's machines. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ new member, new 2305
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Congrats on the new addition. Time for pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>
oh yeh, pics soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ new member, new 2305 #5  
i love hearing about someone getting a tractor.it reminds me of when i got mine.(3 months ago).i was so excited.felt like a little kid getting a new toy.sounds like i have a similar set up;1500'drivewayi
mow about 2 1/2 acres i plan to get firewood and trail maintenence
atv trails on my property this spring.cant wait.enjoy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ new member, new 2305 #6  
Kljunior, welcome to the site. I also am new to the site and a proud owner of a new 2305 myself. I only have about 6 hours on it but it's time is just begining. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ new member, new 2305 #7  
Congrats. You'll love the 2305. I have about 40 hours on mine (Got it in Early September 2005). I have a quick tach snowblower up front and it works great for snow removal.

I know your going to love the tractor. If your like me you'll be drying it off and waxing it (too often) after using it in the snow... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll park my trucks outside before my tractor... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif !

/ new member, new 2305 #8  
After you get a chance to play, I mean work that guy a little bit you will find the loader joy stick to be extremely handy on the unit. Likewise, you will find the 54" front blade to operate very well on that unit. As for a bit of info (see photos attacheded /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif), I have attach/sandwitched a piece of rubber between my scrapping edge and the blade and have found it to work GREAT on all surfaces, especially gravel. That is, the 3/4" rubber will fold under and just allow the blade to float across the frozen gravel. Not sure if you have experienced the float option yet, but just push the joystick all the way forward until you feel a strong bump and this allows the bucket or blade to sit at it's own weight on the ground.

Attachments

• 802070-blade4.JPG
    802070-blade4.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 262
   / new member, new 2305
Yes, I'm familiar with the rubber edge, they work great on concrete and blacktop too. I will most likely put one on mine also! Thanks all for welcoming me to the site. I hope to be helpful to someone sometime /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Anyone out there had their 2305 long enough to have mowed with it this past summer?? Just wondering how you liked the r4 tires on the lawn vs the turf tires (r3's).
Thanks

/ new member, new 2305 #10  
Oh yea, the thrill of a new toy. spoiled by the spectre of having to make payments for 7 years. Oh well, the price we have to pay for some peace and fresh air I suppose.