wher r john deere's made

/ wher r john deere's made #1  

linpat

Silver Member
wher r john deere\'s made

i was told by a jd dealer at a ag show that jd makes there 3000 series in japan, 4000 in Germany, 5000 assembled in Mexico? what is up with that or how true is it? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ wher r john deere's made #2  
Re: wher r john deere\'s made

I think my 2555 has about 3 or 4 countries of origin for the major parts that make it up. No telling how many small parts are made elsewhere.
David from jax

/ wher r john deere's made

is the 2555 a compact or a sub?

/ wher r john deere's made #4  

John Deere's 2000 series is built by Yanmar in Japan and final assembled at Augusta, GA. The 3000 and 4000 are built in Augusta. The 5000 Series are built about everywhere. 5103 & 5203 are built in Deere's India plant. 5225-5525 are built in Augusta. Other places that build 5000 series (don't know exactly which models) includes Mexico, Brazil, Germany and probably others. 6000 Series are made in Germany. 7000, 8000, 9000 are made in Waterloo, IA. I know I have left out some worldwide plants, but for U.S. consumed tractors, this is accurate.

why does it seem to be such a secret when u ask a jd salesman? i have had many of them tell me jd makes everything in the states. thanks for the info. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ wher r john deere's made #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( why does it seem to be such a secret when u ask a jd salesman )</font>
Because you have put the salesman in an akward position...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
John Deere is such a symbol of American Heritage in the heart land. Its like having an American flag made in China ,which by the way most American flags are made in China. Wait till Suzuki starts making Harley Davidson...or they start shipping the Harley Parts in a crate from Japan or where ever and assembling them here in the USA ( not that I really excpect that to happen).
One JD dealer I know of has a Stihl Franchise...I asked them why they did not sell John Deere chainsaws...he did not want to say Stihl is a better chainsaw than the Green John Deere chainsaw.

/ wher r john deere's made #7  

I think the fact that John Deere being a "American" company is a non-issue. John Deere has long called itself John Deere WorldWide, and they have for many years and will likely always outsource certain things overseas. They have had, for example, a long standing relationship with Yanmar and Kansaki. Where is the newest Kansaki factory: In Tennessee. I think John Deere's presence as a powerhouse in the world of ag equipment moves more business to the USA. If they need to outsource things to keep them here an make them viable as a company, I really do not see that as too much of a problem, but where would we be without the green deer as an American icon??? The somewhat necessary reality of 21st century business is that to remain competitive, most companies have to have overseas partners and JD is not an exception. To me, they seem to be more stable with their partnerships than most. My primary dealers have never tried to conceal this fact when I have spoken with them about JD equipment.

John M

/ wher r john deere's made #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think the fact that John Deere being a "American" company is a non-issue. John Deere has long called itself John Deere WorldWide, and they have for many years and will likely always outsource certain things overseas. They have had, for example, a long standing relationship with Yanmar and Kansaki. Where is the newest Kansaki factory: In Tennessee. I think John Deere's presence as a powerhouse in the world of ag equipment moves more business to the USA. If they need to outsource things to keep them here an make them viable as a company, I really do not see that as too much of a problem, but where would we be without the green deer as an American icon??? The somewhat necessary reality of 21st century business is that to remain competitive, most companies have to have overseas partners and JD is not an exception. To me, they seem to be more stable with their partnerships than most. My primary dealers have never tried to conceal this fact when I have spoken with them about JD equipment.

John M )</font>

what does kansaki make?

A company by the name of Kansaki (Yanmar Owned) made the transmission for the 5000 series

/ wher r john deere's made #10  

<font color="blue"> John Deere has long called itself John Deere WorldWide </font>

I know why John Deere does business the way they do. The average person when talking about John Deere do not refer to it as John Deere worldwide. The poster just made the statement <font color="blue"> why does it seem to be such a secret when u ask a jd salesman? i have had many of them tell me jd makes everything in the states. thanks for the info </font>

I am sure not all salesmen acts like it is a secret...I just replied tongue in cheek. I know they outsource etc to be a viable company,I know all about the competivness issue. You are not telling me anything I did not know already,but thanks for the crash course lesson in business/economics. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif