3-Point Hitch Loss of 3 point down pressure ????

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #11  
andrew,

Until today (took a couple minutes and looked at the 4410's manual online) I hadn't seen lock/float latches on draftlinks. Interesting idea and maybe nothing all that new about it...I don't know. I agree they certainly are not usefull (as stated in the manual) for ground contact implements such as box blades and plows. I wonder how useful they actually are with mowers, rear snowblowers, etc...

In any event, the 4410 looks like a sweet machine with a lot of features and options I don't have. Now I'm jealous /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tom

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ????
Andrew thanks for info and I too feel that it is useless. One comment you made brings me back to my original question.

>>>but the slow bleed of the hydraulics

This, I think, is my problem. I don't have a slow hydraulic bleed. As I mentioned, With the draft links down I can, by hand, easily lift them all the way to the top as if there is no hydraulic pressure. Any ideas where to check or is this expected?

Thanks again
Rick

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #13  
<font color="blue"> As I mentioned, With the draft links down I can, by hand, easily lift them all the way to the top as if there is no hydraulic pressure. Any ideas where to check or is this expected? </font>
That is the way they are designed. It is called float. The reason that it is that way is to allow all of the weight of the implement to be used to engage the soil and also to not take traction from the rear tires.

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> As I mentioned, With the draft links down I can, by hand, easily lift them all the way to the top as if there is no hydraulic pressure. Any ideas where to check or is this expected? </font>
That is the way they are designed. It is called float. The reason that it is that way is to allow all of the weight of the implement to be used to engage the soil and also to not take traction from the rear tires. )</font>

rick, now I see your point. Let me tell you what happens whenI lift up on a draft link. now mind you, I am a **** of a man and I am being modest about that. A small guy, I can move around most of my implements by hand (at least till my youthful invulnerabiltiy causes a back injury...haha)

having said that, when I lift up a draft link I have to really lift hard. It's not just the weight of the links, it is resistance I have previously considered to be hydraulic, but I could be wrong. What I am sure about is the heavy resistance when I lift up on the link. Maybe smarter men than me canexplain.

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #15  
OK, now I'm thoroughly confused.

Rick - "...without an implement...I can no(t) lift the drawbars.."

Rick - "With the draft links down I can, by hand, easily lift them all the way to the top as if there is no hydraulic pressure"

Andrew - ...something about a LOT OF Weight/pressure (more than the draftlinks) to lift the 3ph...

Which is it? Is it very hard to lift the draftlinks by hand, or very easy (no downpressure...of which there really should be none)? And, how is the "Drop/Lock Valve" adjusted, if there is one? [You're both intent on making me go back to the 4410 Op Manual on the J.D. site, just so I can drewl some more, right? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif] ... Slow drop of 3ph with implement on (should be "..atleast 2 sec.'s..." from full lift), or way more than 2 sec.'s (too close to locked position), or full open (implement drops like a rock, jarring any dental work one had 'til they dropped the implement)?

Ofcourse, I could just be misreading something but, to me, things aren't adding up here. Please 'splian.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ????
Sorry guys for what appears like abandonment of my thread here. I really do appreciate the responses.

Andrew -- Either I am amazingly strong or we have come the root of my problem. My draft links move as freely up as if they aren't connected to anything

Tom -- Now that I back up and re-read my original post I see why it has taken so long to get my problem explained. "without an implement...I can
<font color="red"> no(t) </font> lift the drawbars" -- Besides using the wrong terminology the "no(t)" shouldn't have been there /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

As far as the Drop/Lock valve, if that is the knob beneath the seat. I adjusted it and the only change was the speed of the drop and it has no affect on my issue. Maybe I am missing something though.

I think at this point I should record a simple video and post it so everyone can see what I so poorly explained. I will try to do this tomorrow

Thanks guys!

Rick

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #17  
I get it now. I went out and checked the FarmTrac and it offers no resistance when hand lifting the links regardless where the "slow drop valve" is set . It's all the weight of the implement and setting the top link to adjust your digging angle, that's the only thing that holds mine down.

John

/ Loss of 3 point down pressure ???? #18  
Hello,
<font color="blue">My draft links move as freely up as if they aren't connected to anything </font>
They are designed to work as if they are not. If you couldn't lift them up, that would be when you would have a problem.
Read my post above.