JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #1  

unclroy

Tractor
JD4410
I am looking for a Rototiller for a JD 4410 with eHydro. I have looked at the JD website and they reference the 655 and 665 tillers (both of which are commercial duty) but I cannot find anything about them on the website.

I read somewhere that the eHydro transmission had a problem with a tiller with a slip clutch but I can't remember where I read it.

I would appreciate any recommendations for tillers that will work with my tractor configuration.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #2  
I have a JD 660 tiller at home and I believe it is a 60" so you would be fine with either one on your 4410. I use it on a 970 and it has enough power so the 4410 will also have enough. I would base your decision on your needs for the width either 55 or 65 inches so you may want the bigger one if tilling larger areas.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #3  
I have the same tractor as you have, and a Frontier Tiller. 60 inch model, dont have number available. The dealer could not get me the JD 606 and told me the Frontier was the same. I have used it to till never been tilled pasture into new deer plots. it always comes through for me. The noise from hitting rocks is a bit scarry until you get used to it. The dealer recommended it. I do about 1/2 acre a year.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am looking for a Rototiller for a JD 4410 with eHydro. I have looked at the JD website and they reference the 655 and 665 tillers (both of which are commercial duty) but I cannot find anything about them on the website.

I read somewhere that the eHydro transmission had a problem with a tiller with a slip clutch but I can't remember where I read it.
I would appreciate any recommendations for tillers that will work with my tractor configuration. )</font>

I have a Kuhn 60" tiller on a JD 4200. This tiller works great. It is heavy duty it weighs 200 hundred pounds more than the frontier I looked at. I had no problem running this on a HST, this tiller has a slip clutch which works fine. I did about 20 hours of tilling this past season with no issues. One job was a landscaping job which took considerable time because of the rough ground conditions and the large area. People are amazed how well this machine works, when it goes in the ground.

This tiller should work great on your machine. this is a link to the model comparison http://www.kuhn-usa.com/internet/webus.nsf/wFramed/PEBE-5CYDGQ-Sommaire-Pr-paration-du-sol?OpenDocument

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #5  
We have a JD 4410 with eHydro and a JD 665 tiller. General use has been for fall tillage of the gardern and tilling sodded areas for landscaping.

We have not experienced any problems with the eHydro with regards to the tiller operation.

We live in an area with many small rocks/stones and agree with LouMG about hitting rocks. We just use a little caution when tilling in virgin ground.

The following link contains specifications for the JD tiller models.

www.stonehams.com/pdf/600tiller.pdf

Deon

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #6  
Unclroy,

I have the same machine as you with the ehydro. I have the 665 tiller and tilled 10 acres of hard ground this past fall. It was an old farm that has not been turned over in at least 6 years. It worked great. Although you need to go fairly slow I thought the 665 is a perfect match and I had no problems.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #7  
Does the JD 665 tiller offset to one side so that it tills what the tires on one side compact?

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #8  
Bebster,

No it does not offset. But with the 4410 it covers the tire tracks.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice #9  
You can easily handle a CR70-70" tiller or a MR190- 72" tiller. Both of these tillers are gear driven, weigh more than the JD tillers mentioned and have heavier rated transmissions.
Click on the Banner and it will take you to our website. We'll be hUndreds of $$$ cheaper than JD.

/ JD 4410 w/eHydro - looking for Rototiller advice
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I have a Kuhn 60" tiller on a JD 4200. </font> )</font>

Randy,

Thanks for the feedback. Your link took me to a main page on Kuhn's website that did not list any models but using their menu system I found three models that are 60":
<ul type="square"> [*]EL 42-155
[*]EL 62-155
[*]EL 82-155
[/list] I have a couple of questions: <ul type="square"> [*]Could you please identify which model you have?
[*]Do you have C-blades or L-blades?
[*]Is your drive mechanism chain or gearwheel?
[*]Do you have skids or wheels?
[*]Considering your configuration, is there anything that you would change?
[*]What can you tell us about Kuhn's customer service?
[*]What kind of discount off MSRP would you expect to find?
[/list] I have attached a PDF file that compares the three models side by side. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Roy

Attachments

• 819927-Kuhn_Tillers.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 207