John Deere 4n1 loader

/ John Deere 4n1 loader #1  

jcmseven

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320; 4520
Well, earlier this past week I got my John Deere 4n1 in and mounted on the 400x loader I have with my tractor. I have not yet noted any pictures, but when I get my friend's 4320 with the WR LONG bucket I will try to take some side by sides. The JD bucket seems pretty well made and may hold a little more volume than the equivalent Long bucket. It does seem bigger than the Long bucket in this class. It is very heavy (600 pounds) so if you are looking, be aware it will eat into your lift capacity. I can definitely feel the weight in the front with the new loader on. I am currently operating mine with the third SCV, so I use the console lever to open and close the "jaws" I do not like this setup, and will be trying to fit a joystick control soon. The Long setup is much better here. I have, however, been pleasantly surprised that the loader opens quite widely, which I did not think it would. In short, so far, so good. The JD is a heavy, well-built unit. I still would say the WR Long 4n1 has some feature benefits that make it a good (great) alternative. The JD 4n1 is a little cheaper, but not enough to make that much difference. For those who might have missed it, my neighbor has a 4320 with a WR Long 4n1, which I think is excellent. I bought the John Deere mainly due to my local dealer's desire to sell one and to offer some comparisons between the two. I also do not use my loader THAT MUCH and both 4n1 loaders were much more durable than I would likely ever need. I will continue updates after more use if the group feels it would be of help.

John M

/ John Deere 4n1 loader #2  
I'm glad (and more than a little relieved!) to hear that you like your JD 4in1, because I went ahead and ordered one for my soon-to-be-delivered 4520.

I also would probably have gone for the WR Long bucket for all the reasons you mention, except they currently don't work with any Canadian dealers, and I wasn't prepared to go through the business of importing it myself.

Plus, my JD dealer, who has always done very well for me, had the JD 4in1 in stock, which made my decision an easy one! For me, the dealer relationship is a big factor in determining what I buy...

Tom.

/ John Deere 4n1 loader #3  
I have the 4 in 1 bucket and would not have a tractor with out one. That is the most handy item. It is unbelivable what all you can do with one.

/ John Deere 4n1 loader #4  
I'd definitely like to hear about your experiences with your JD 4n1 loader. The Long 4n1 I ordered is at the dealer and I will be getting it this week.

I'd be especially interested in the comparison with your neighbor, who has the Long version. Also, I'd like to hear about any usage tips or tricks you discover.

/ John Deere 4n1 loader #5  
Here are a couple of old posts that might be useful. I ended up with the Long, but to me the most useful thing is the way my dealer put the 4 in 1 control on the joystick.

4 in 1 Control

Long vs. Deere 4 in 1