Tires HDAP Tires on JD 2305

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #1  

2305JD

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Has anyone out there tried the HDAP tires (used on X series) on a 2305? I am not sold on the turf tires on my 2305 and I am worried that the industrial tires would rip up my grass when mowing.

The HDAP seem to be a "mean" turf tire with some bite to them.

Comments anyone???

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #2  
I had seen on another forum where someone had done that and they were very happy with the switch- they provide a happy medium - I have heard mixed reviews on how they wear though- I guess it would depend on the type of service they will see- they look really cool to!

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #3  
The HDAP Tires are definitely a compromise Tire-you are correct, they will be more aggressive, and, if you have your MFWD engaged WILL tear up grass. I have done a little bit of looking, and it appears that the Tire sizes are different between the X Series and the 2305 (you have to be careful regarding the tire sizing front to rear, called Tire Lag)-

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #4  
Can someone speak english and tell what hdap means? I don't think I have seen them... pictures? They must be like a Galaxy type thread seen on alot of Kubotas. Probably wouldn't work real well if you bought a fel.

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #5  
John Deere refers to these tires as HDAP (Heavy Duty All Purpose)-

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #7  
The 2210 and the X-Series ahave the same size tires and I think the 2305 has the same size tires as the 2210- my dealer said to swap the turfs for the HDAP on my X series would be $150.00. I wish I would have but the turfs have served me well

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #8  
MEGOTATRACTOR posts on this site frequently and his 2210 has HDAP tires on it, a "swap" by the dealer. As I recall he is happy with the results. I have both turfs and bars but would probably be happy 99% of the time with HDAP's.

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #9  
I had Hdap tires installed on my 2210 when I bought it in 2004. I have been very happy with them.

/ HDAP Tires on JD 2305 #10  
yes, thank you, I have the Heavy Duty All Purpose tires on my 2210 from a dealer swap from an "X" series. I believe them to be a great all around tire. they are EXCELLENT in the snow and have not noticed significant turf damage. the only time these tires would tear the turf is by what I would call "aggressive operator function" i.e. driving too fast around a tree. They do NOT grip dirt as I would perhaps like but I do not do that much dirt work anyway. The rears seem a bit squishy and perhaps contribute to a better ride than regular turf or "construction" tires but I have no basis for comparison. And they look nice.