Sticky Joystick

/ Sticky Joystick #1  

BobCurry

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro
I have the 300CX loader and have noticed lately the joystick "sticks" in the curl up and down functions(full left and full right). It makes for some conscience effort on my part to return it to center when using the loader. Has anyone else had an issue with this? My initial thoughts are dust/dirt. Even the dealer couldn't unstick it when I had it in for the 50hr service. Thanks in advance for the advice! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

/ Sticky Joystick #2  
Have not heard of it, but would expect the dealer to get to the 'bottom' of the problem. Can't imagine 'dust and dirt' but you are more familiar with that possibility than I.
I could imagine it being a torn 'O-ring in the control valve (but will admit to not knowing exactly what is in the control valve behind the joy stick).
Keep the dealer on his toes. That condition would be real unacceptable to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Sticky Joystick #3  
I don't know if your joystick is mounted on the valve or it is a remote with cables. If it is on the valve, take the boot off and give the tie rod ends a shot of PB Blaster and then work the stick. If it is still sticky, move the stick and watch how the tie rod ends move. I have seen some that would have a tie rod that was bolted down just a little out of alignment, which would cause it to bind. If that is the problem, all you have to do is loosen it up so that you can align it better and then tighten it back down. Other wise the dealer will need to get involved.

/ Sticky Joystick
Thanks Gerry for that info. I'll go down to the barn and see what I can do.
Thanks again,
Bob

/ Sticky Joystick
It now works! Once I took the boot off, I ran a water hose on full blast over the valve as I cycled the loader stick for awhile. Must have been dirt/grime buildup. Works like new!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thank you Gerry!!!

Thanks for the advice.

Bob