4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights

/ 4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights #1  

hawk7

Bronze Member
Tractor
4115 Before
Hello all!!

I am finishing up my 4115. I bought the 2 rear tail/flasher lights. It consists of an orange light and a red light. These are the ones that mount on the ROPS. I have a wiring schematic and a tech manual but need some one to look at there rear 4115 lighting. There are 5 wires to hook up per light. The orange light uses 2 wires and the red one uses 3 wires. I don't need anything on the orange light. We will talk about the left side of the tractor ( The side where the high low shifter is or gear shifter) The red light has black,gray and orange coming out of the light. The tractor side has black,Orange/Red(turn) and Red/white(tail). The black goes to the black (ground). So now does the Gray go to the orange/red or red/white?? And then what ever is left over goes to the orange. This is a dual filament bulb. One for turn sig and the other for parking lights. One lights brighter than the other so another way to ask is which should be brighter, The turn Signal or the parking light?? I would thank the turn signal would be brighter but im not sure. The shematic shows the wire color being the same all the way to the bulb and unfortunately its not. The right side light is the same colors coming from the light its self which I can figure out after solving the left side. THANKS

/ 4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights
Has any one had a chance to look at there 4115 rear lights to see if the turn signal is brighter than the parking light? Im sure any of the deeres that have the light on the rops would work.

/ 4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights #3  
Sorry but my 4115 is about 200 miles away from where I am at right now. If someone can't help you I will see If I can get one of my brothers to take a look at mine for you.

/ 4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights #4  
I checked my 4115, the turn signals are brighter than the parking lights.

/ 4115 Rear Tail/Turn Lights
GREAT THANK YOU. This is waht I thought but wasnt sure. I just got done doind a search for 1157 bulb to see what I could find out. After 10 pages of google I ran accross a forum on cars and the 1157 bulb just happen to be one of the subjects. This is one posting I found. AGAIN THANKS for your help.

QUOTE I FOUND
"The way the original bulb (1157 double filament) works is that for parking light is the lower powered light while the flasher is a higher-powered light blinking brighter"