2520 Additional Forward Facing Lights

/ 2520 Additional Forward Facing Lights #1  

NewJDGuy

Tractor
I've had my 2520 for a few months and want to add forward facing lights so that I can work with the FEL at night. I plan on hanging them beneath the top of the ROPS (keeps 'em protected and will likely use U bolts so I don't drill into the ROPS) I already have a rear facing light and the dealership said the configurator says it can't be done, you have on or the other. Anyone done this? I would imagine I can hard wire it in, but first wanted to see if there is an easier way. Thanks for any help.

/ 2520 Additional Forward Facing Lights #2  
I have a 2305 and the configuration says the same thing. The rear lights aren't compatible with the front. I think it's due to the way that both tap into the taillights.

I got the JD forward lights. I had to re-solder the harness anyway as it really didn't work the way it came as it swapped a wire. The hazards worked, the lights worked, but the lights blinked when both were on. Anyway, so I have two 35 watt forward lights. They hook up with two T (or Y) connectors that hook into each taillight line. (It's the Y-connector that I resoldered).

For the rear I welded a single tab dead center rear top of the ROPS to mount an aftermarket 55watt flood light. From what I understand the JD kit splices into the Tail Light harness just like the forward lights - Maybe that's why they say they don't work together. What I did is on the 2305 (Probably on your tractor also) was use the little connector on the back that's actually intended for a work light.

After running the wire for the work light inside the ROPS (Folding - Femco by the way) I used two insulated female connectors to plug into this harness and put shrink tubing around it. Work great, I think it's got it's own fuse (10amp) under the hood and a FREE added bonus (You don't get if you use the JD splice method) is that this harness is OFF when you have the blinkers and lights BOTH on. So if your on a roadway and use your lights and hazards the rear light WON'T be on blinding people behind you (and potentially getting you a ticket).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Also, I have no trouble with all the lights on even though I only have the std (20 amp) alternator. I was prepared to shell out the $400 if I needed to for the 35 amp but didn't need to.

/ 2520 Additional Forward Facing Lights
Thanks for the info. Do u have any pictures? I'm not that bright and it helps to see it drawn out, so to speak.

/ 2520 Additional Forward Facing Lights #4  
I recently added 4 lights to my 4110, here is a LINK to the post where I showed the off.

Might give you some ideas...