Chains Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards?

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #1  

jeepinator

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3520, JD X739
Mine was delivered today with no guards at all. Based on a few references I could find, they do come standard with chains guards front and rear. True?

Here's a pic of my MX5, delivered yesterday:
http://pics.theshreves.com/tractor20.jpg

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #2  
No mine came with a rubber flap in the front and nothing in the rear.

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #5  
Hi jeepinator,

My MX-5 came with them front & rear.

I believe they're (all guards) added at the dealership or at the distributor prior to them though.

I saw an extra step to add choice of guards on the "configurator" prior to ordering mine, so I was sure to double check they were standard & in the quoted price.

Call the dealer about it; if that's a "no" call Deere and ask what their policy is. Dangerous machine to not have protection standard, but may be that's the case.

Happy tractoring! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #6  
My MX6 came with chains front and rear and AFIK those (along with the slip clutch) were clearly listed as the standard configuration, not options.

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #7  
My MX6 came with chain guards, but I could see where the dealer maybe either didn't receive them or neglected to install them on your MX5. I would question the dealer, they are standard equipment, so they shouldn't charge you extra for putting them on.

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #8  
Jeepinator,
Until recently, the MX cutter were able to be ordered
by the dealer "less guards" or with "rubber guards".
the current info deere has out, shows no option available
to the dealer other than to order them with chain guards.
Unless your purchase order stated "less shields", then I would think you are entitled to them, as they are considered standard equipment.
When a dealer could order them in less sheilds, there was a
credit in his pricing for not having them. Now, they have changed that, so they aren't even orderable without them.
let us know how you make out,
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards? #9  
My MX5, just arrived last week, came with chains both front and rear.

/ Do the MX cutters come standard w/ chains guards?
Thanks everyone.
Looks like I need to call my sales guy and get some answers /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have been waiting since around Dec 1st for this thing because they were on back order...