Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305 #1  

JohnnyTractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere X485
Well, after reading just about every post known to man /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif on log splitters, I pulled the trigger on the TSC 3pt splitter. $645 was a good price, and I can wait for the long cycle times.

From what I can see, there is a cap on the hydraulic pump that looks like it could be replaced with an in/out feed; but I'm guessing.

Here's a some questions:
1. Can I hook up to the SCV fittings for the FEL with the loader off? If so, how do I know which color is which?
2. I've read a lot of references to the Power Beyond kit, but could not find any details. Is there a web site? Is this a JD factory offering?
3. Will I need to worry about adding more fluid after tapping in the log splitter?
4. Is there a kit for my 2305 that will bring hydraulic couplers to the rear of the tractor?

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305 #2  
Sir,
I have a TSC tph splitter. I set it beside an upright on my tractor shed and secure it with a chain. I don't have to remove my backhoe. I put some quick couplings on the hoses to the splitter and hooked them to the fel controls on my Mahindra 2810. I use a bungee cord to hold the lever open. I split wood for 35 years with a maul. I love my TSC splitter. Good luck.
Mrpoppy

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305 #3  
<font color="red"> 1. Can I hook up to the SCV fittings for the FEL with the loader off? If so, how do I know which color is which? </font>
Sure you can, You can even leave the FEL on, just disconnect the lift circuit and tie the joystick back with a bungee. Your loader manual will tell you witch colors are for what circuit.
<font color="red"> 2. I've read a lot of references to the Power Beyond kit, but could not find any details. Is there a web site? Is this a JD factory offering? </font>
The PowerBeyond kit is a JD offering for the larger tractors, I don't think it's available for the 2305, I know it was not for the 2210.
<font color="red"> 3. Will I need to worry about adding more fluid after tapping in the log splitter? </font>
Maybe a little, it depends on the size cylinder it has, and how much hose you end up adding.
<font color="red"> 4. Is there a kit for my 2305 that will bring hydraulic couplers to the rear of the tractor? </font>
No, but you can make up a kit easily, just need the right lengh hoses, some QD (quick disconect) couplings, and some zip ties. Find a hydraulic shop in your area and they can hook you up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305 #4  
My brotherlaw bought one and the hydraulics were to slow on his 790 it puts out 5.6 gals a minute. People he talked to had to use a big tractor that put out alot of gals per minute. He returned his to tsc and picked up one with a engine on it. good luck

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305
Forget it. I took it back and purchased the 27 ton tow behind v/h with the honda motor. As soon as I got it home I was splitting wood! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Need Advice: Hooking up TSC Log Splitter to 2305 #6  
Well, bummer. I was hoping to find how it would work, but still, glad you are splitting wood, and that you have a great tractor to tow the splitter around with. You can also continue to use the tractor to feed the hungry splitter and carry away the spoils.

Cliff