Snow Big Snow Storm!

/ Big Snow Storm! #1  

crazylare1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320, JD GT235, JD 116, JD 57, an several other makes of lawntractors somewhere around 8 of them
Well is everybody up here in the north ready for the big bad snowstorm that's due to hit us today, tonight and tomorrow? I'm ready for anything that mother nature has in store for us. I've got the generator in the garage all wired up ready to go in case of a power outage. The tractor is fueled up nice and full, the quad is ready to plow for the boy, so I guess we'll see what she has in store. Let us know how many inches of the white stuff you get. Have a great time plowing!
Larry
p.s. attached is a pic of my tractor ready to go

Attachments

• 826363-painted_plow_006.jpg
    826363-painted_plow_006.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 902
   / Big Snow Storm! #2  
Geez man, don't talk about it before it happens don't you know" a watched pot never boils"? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Big Snow Storm!
Hey Robert, long time since I've heard from you! B. Carey says to tell you hey the next time I hear from you. Also he told me to ask you about your walmart mountian bike? Just kidding he told me about your one off special bike. I was at the races last sat. in GreenVille at Nelson's watching his kids race, wow have you ever seen Joshua jump? I was truely impressed. I also found out from B. about your connection with stud boy. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I was just talking to Dave at Voelkers this morning and asked him if he had heard from you lately, he said that his computer at work crashed and he lost all of his contacts, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so he hasn't got anyway to contact anyone. Well tell Dave M. hey for me if you see him. Really I don't think that the snowstorm will end up being as bad as they think, if it is then so be it, I'll just go out and spend about 6hrs plowing it. Have a great day Robert. Larry

/ Big Snow Storm! #4  
Hey guys, I've had my eye on the radar this morning and it looks like the first wave is starting to come in. Stanwood looks like it's getting something right now. Should be fun when the winds crank up to about 40 tonight.

Tom

/ Big Snow Storm!
Hey Tom, Ya we've been getting rain, hail, thunder, and lightning. Everything is starting to get coated with ice. I sure hope it changes to snow. Snow I can deal with, ice,,,,what do you do with ice? Thanks for the reply! Have a good day!
Larry

/ Big Snow Storm! #6  
Which bike? I think I have 17 or 18 now /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I haven't done anything on a 3720 yet because I couldn't make up my mind about the cab but I'm leaning toward the open style so that I can add a backhoe if I decide to sell my Bobcat excavator. I got out of SnoCross when the jumps got longer then my field of vision in my old age. Did you get a chance to see my partners son compete at the winter X-games? He did pretty good for a 17 year old kid from Ravenna.

/ Big Snow Storm!
Hi Robert, B.C. was telling me about a custom made mountian bike with a titanium frame, and special made everything, for around $10k, he was saying that you catch alot of picking about it and that I should ask which walmart that you got it from. I was hoping to see you at the snowcross races at Nelson's but was told that you weren't there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I didn't talk to anyone from stud boy, but B.C. told me that he didn't think that you go to very many races anymore. I was hoping to meet you in person after talking to you on tbn. I didn't get to see the x games on tv, this being due to the fact I never know what's on tv. I don't watch tv very much. Did you get a chance to look at the pic's I posted of my 3320 w/backhoe? They are posted in the buying section of the jd forum. I think that when I get the time to tinker with the hydro pressure setting I'll be much happier with the backhoe, right now IMHO it's a little whimpy. Well get back to me Robert, and have fun with that special mountian bike...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Larry
p.s. If you ever hear about your partners son going to be on tv send me a pm with the times and dates etc. I would love to watch him. B.C. was telling me that ya they know him very well, and that he used to race against skeeter (Brian's oldest boy).

/ Big Snow Storm! #8  
crazylare1....
Would like to see some up close pics of your front blade & rear blade setups. Got some pics? Thanks

/ Big Snow Storm!
Hey there GoodGuy here ya go! The before picture of the frt. plow after it sat in the woods for the last 16 or 17 years. I used a Bradco fork mount, made my own adjustable plow mounts then pinned them to the snow plow mount with 4 removeable 1/2" pins. I also have a pair of homeade forks to go on where the plow is pinned to the mount.

Attachments

• 828022-just_an_old_plow_small.jpg
    828022-just_an_old_plow_small.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 313
   / Big Snow Storm!
Hear is a picture of the mount showing the homeade adjustable plow mounts with the four pins in the bottom to hold the old plow onto the mounts.

Attachments

• 828029-my_plow_project_007.jpg
    828029-my_plow_project_007.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 283