Default More than one JD Yellow?

When I was doing maintenance on my 60 inch commercial belly mower (attaches to my 4400), I needed to do some rust control and paint touch-up. The dealer told me that there is only one yellow color for JD--but it was lemon yellow compared to a more laid-back yellow of my 5 year old deck. Even when new, the touch-up pens and spray paint was much more lemon-colored than the yellow color of this deck. Is it possible that because it is a "commercial" deck that its yellow color is different than the regular JD yellow?

Mike

Tractor

Default Re: More than one JD Yellow?

There are actually 3 yellow's Modern ag yellow, antique yellow, and industrial yellow for the construction equipment. The antique yellow is primarily for the 2 cylinder tractors

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

Ran into the same problem. There are 2 yellows listed for lawn / garden equipment. As luck would have it I bought both to get the correct paint for the 455's wheels. They are quite different.

Tractor
    none as of now

i work at a dealer and i run into that also i find a lot that the green is very bad at fading i am assuming the yellow will also fade with it being five years old i would assume it was faded and you may not be able to match it correctly i would repaint the entire thing if you want it to look perfect