2305 - Lift & Curl?

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl? #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
I used my 2305 with the FEL this weekend for the first time and noticed I could not lift and curl the bucket at the same time, is this normal?

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl? #2  
Absolutely normal.

You are trying to perform 2 functions whereby each has to use hydraulic pressure to overcome the load (and gravity). Do to the design of most valves one function/spool will have priority for fluid flow while the others will get what is left over, if any.

Other combinations of functions work because gravity is available to help with the one function that does not get enough fluid. For example dump/lift, curl/lower, dump/lower.

I hope I have made that clear.

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl? #3  
Hey Robert, my 3320 is the same way. I've read here on tbn that it's due to the "cheaper" control valve that deere uses. I mentioned this to the mechanic that Voelkers sent down to check my hydro pressures and he said that yes you can do two functions at the same time, you just have to have the knack for it, I told him to show me: He tried to show me but wasn't any better at it than I was. Yes you can do two functions at the same time, but you have to have the lever in exactly the right spot to do it, after trying several times I've come to the conclusion that it's just a whole lot easier to just do one thing at a time and forget about it. I suppose that after I get used to running it and have the desire, I'll catch on to doing two functions at a time. But in my opinion it's one of those things that are a glitch in the deere that I can live with because the rest of the tractor more than makes up for it. By the way, you should see how much better my fel and 3pt works now that the pressure relief has been adjusted WOW what a difference. I've found that the fel has alot more break out force, and just for s*#ts and grins I picked up the front of an old pickup truck that the brakes were seized up on to put jack stands under it, the fel didn't even care. I picked it up without even raising the throttle up past idle. I was impressed! Have a good week Robert!
Larry
p.s. I can't wait to get the backhoe on to try it out with the added hydro pressure. Others here on tbn with a backhoe should look into having their pressure's checked

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used my 2305 with the FEL this weekend for the first time and noticed I could not lift and curl the bucket at the same time, is this normal? )</font>

No, my 2305 works as it should. Make sure you have the engine to at least pto speed, and move the joystick slowly until you get used to it. Understand that the combined functions may be a little slower than either function would be independently.

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl? #6  
I also can lift and curl the bucket on my 2305, you just have to find that right spot. It is however easier to just do one function at a time.

/ 2305 - Lift & Curl?
Thanks all. I will go try it again maybe I can find the touch.