Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere LX280 John Deere 790 4wd with 300 loader

Default 790 gauges quit working

Have noticed the last few times I have been on my tractor the gauges are slow to respond. They may take as long as 5 minutes to start working or sometimes they come as they should when I turn the switch. But today they didnt do nothing I turned the tractor off and tried it again. Anybody had this problem on the 790?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 790 (2001)

Default Re: 790 gauges quit working

Sounds to me that the power supply TO the gadgets that are doing the measurements is failing.

Start there and check fuses.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CIH D40, JD5310, Mule 610

My 870 JD does the same thing, I'm thinking a bad ground somewhere but can't find it.

Bronze Member
    Tractor

I thought that I might have found the problem with the battery. The ground terminal was real loose. Tightened it didnt help. Will check the fuses tommorow hope I find the problem there.

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Checked all the fuses no problem there. Checked all the connections they looked good. Will take dash cover off to check inside next. Do not understand why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont.

I have a 3320 with electronic guages, your problen sounds very much like a loose wire. componet or fuse failure they will not come back. If they are all doing the same thing look for something common , that is usually the ground or return side. Be sure to check the fuses are tight in the fuse holder. Turn the key on and start gently messing with the wire harness and connections. Could be something in the harness you can not see directly but if it is you will see it when you start moving things around