JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help)

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
A suggestion was made to have a FAQ thread at the top of each brand specific forum. I think it's a good idea that could lead to a lot of valuable links being listed in the FAQ threads.

FAQ = Frequently Asked Question
We want to build an index of frequently asked questions and related threads, so new users can easily find answers to the most common questions. Also, it will be helpful to all users who need answers to common questions, or need to find good threads from the past without doing an in-depth search.

If you know of any FAQ-eligible threads, please reply to this message with a link and short 1-2 sentence description of the topic. If there are multiple threads that apply to one topic, please include links to all messages.

When linking, don't worry about making it a direct link. Simply copy the URL of the message. I will be adding the links to the end of this message with appropriate formatting.

Please feel free to include multiple suggestions in one message.

Thanks!

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #2  
Thanks, Muhammad!

Will there be a way to edit this? Usually there is a lot of side discussion that is often fun in a usual thread that might detract from a FAQ... But I am sure you will find what works!!

Maybe we could also reply with suggested content done just for the FAQ...

anyway here is a thread to start:

This grapple thread goes into the 3rd SCV question with a healthy dose of diverters and Power Beyond:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/jdown/Number/845289/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/fpart/1

I will look some more....

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #3  
Here is a content suggestion done just for a FAQ:

Deere CUT Hydraulics Basics

Most Deere CUTs include a Dual Selective Control Valve as standard equipment. This is the 'joystick' and it is usually associated with the front end loader. Dual refers to the two pairs of ports, with four couplers usually just in front of the floor. Many other CUT brands do not include the valve on the tractor; it comes with the loader and is usually mounted on the loader's mast.

The DSCV can also be used to operate a variety of equipment. One pair can be used to raise and lower a mid mount mower. Both can be used to control a Top and Tilt on the 3 point hitch. Each function would have to be connected to the quick attach ports. Connecting a top and tilt this way leaves the loader disconnected.

A 3rd port is available, and is actually included in the factory valve assembly. This requires a control lever and plumbing to be used. Deere's factory solution puts the lever on the console just behind and below the joystick handle. The outlets are on the rear.

Fourth and Fifth ports can also be placed on the system. These go on the rear, also. They are actually the same original ports on the DSCV, but are selected using a switch and control solenoids. So the switch toggles the joystick from controlling the front (1 & 2) ports and the rear (4 & 5).

Finally, Deere offers a Power Beyond function. Power beyond uses 1/2" connectors and is designed for high flow/high heat applications which have their own open center scv; such as backhoes and wood splitters. In JD's setup, they install a loop-through connection where the dual SCV manifold would normally feed the 3PH control valve. To hook up the backhoe disconnect this short loop, connect the BH's input in it's place, and connect the BH's output to a connection that goes directly to the hydraulic sump. Note that the 3PH will no longer work (no pressure), but it has been removed to put on the backhoe anyway... (adapted from some posts by tom30519)

Of course, this is only a suggestion. I realize this isn't the final word and would be happy to get additional input. Including whether FAQ specific content is even necessary, in addition to links pointing directly to threads. Thanks Muhammad, you guys are awesome!

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #4  
Good writeup, very clear, thanks

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #5  
   / JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #6  
Well, I hope we can get a bunch together! This is especially true because I have noticed that there is actually LESS info at Deere.com than they used to offer. You used to be able to go into the specifics of options. There would be a picture that showed the application, as well as application notes. Most don't have them now.

Here is an example of what used to be very common:

2000 Series Power Beyond

848708-pb-3000.gif

The power beyond kit allows accessing pressurized hydraulic oil at the rear of the tractor for operating attachments equipped with an open center control valve, such as a backhoe and log splitter. Required for use of the 46 Backhoe.

BM19290 is for older tractors that do not have a dual selective control valve (DSCV). LVB25603 is for tractors that already have a DSCV.
Source: Deere.com

Attachments

• 848708-pb-3000.gif
    848708-pb-3000.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,268
   / JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #7  
ui had to go WAY back for this one!

New 300 300X 300CX Loaders! started 10-15-04

Here are some ideas we could add:

Backhoe attachments, subframe vs. RSA (with photos)

New user caveats (wheel lugs!)

Photos of hydraulics options

Mid Mower configurations

Photos of tractors jumping Hay Bales

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #8  
OK, also what would be nice is a Green Glossary:

MFWD - Mechanical Front Wheel Drive (what most folks call 4 wheel Drive)
4WD - Really big tractor where one tire costs more than a CUT
ROPS - rollover protection system - patented by Deere - Licensed to other manufacturers royalty free

Twin Touch - two side by side pedal controlled hydrostatic transmission

PowerReverser - manual transmission which allows direction changes without clutching with the flick of a lever.

eHydro - electronically controlled transmission (Controls speed of reversal, anti-lugging for engine and cruise control)

ePowerReverser - electronically controlled transmission (Controls speed of reversal)

LoadMatch - lightning fast electronic control of transmission that keeps the engine from stalling by adjusting the transmission speed.

SpeedMatch - Controls the maximum rate of travel, especially for use in close quarters. Acts as a creeper gear.

iMatch - Quick hitch for 3 point.

QuickTach buckets - Allow easy no tools bucket changes. Deere proprietary. May also be set up qith skid steer system in some models.

QuickTach loaders - Self mounting and unmounting loader design that is also self parking.

Deeralloy - tough polymer used for hood and fenders

Rock Shaft Assist - system for mounting backhoe to tractor. The 3 point hitch is removed and the rockshaft arm pull the backhoe to the tractor for a very close coupled fit. Very solid and extrememly easy to execute.

I know there are lots more....

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #9  
Mike where do you get the naming for the valves from? I'm not saying you're wrong but I have never seen it that way. Even in compact tractor ordering from deere they name it as dual mid SCV's for the loader. Then any valves on the back of the tractor are named single, double, triple, etc. I had never heard of the dual mid's being one and two and the rear's third, fourth, etc. except on this site.

/ JD Owning/Operating FAQ (Please Help) #10  
I am sure that I got it through the configurator at Deere.com. Actually the 1&2 is probably implied. But most of this stuff is no longer there. I will try and dig it up.

And wrong - me? I actually guarentee it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Please don't think that I think I am the authority. That is why I would love to have input on this!

Here is from Deere.com:

For 4520:
Third selective control valve
Includes single-lever control, hydraulic lines and pair of rear-mounted couplers. ·Allows using third spool on selective control valve · Provides a single set of rear SCV outlets for added versatility

For 5320:
Triple Mid Valve with Joystick Control
Features:
- Valve #1 Push button, Electrohydraulic (EH) control Priority flow Pressure compensated flow control (0 - 12 GPM) for intermittent hydraulic applications
- Valve #2 - Float position
- Valve #3 - Extend/Retract positions ONLY