JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets #1  

BloomingtonMike

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
This post is for my questions about the brackets that are on the loader arm (the ones that attach the arms to the bucket - the ones that occasionally break on the 3X20 and 4X20) - mine were originally painted green but over time (and the removal of the buckets and plow) the paint has come off and tonight I noticed some rust on these. Being a woodworker I grabbed my Boeshield Rust Free and Boeshield T9 to fix it up (I also use this on my tablesaw). I am thinking I need a more permanent solution. Should I repaint them, or what do you do with the JD high friction areas to prevent against rust.

Also what about the bottom of the bucket - I noticed some pretty deep scapes into the metal there as well. I want to protect these areas.

I have a '05 3320 and 300X loader with 61" materials bucket stored in a heated shop so not much exposure to elements other than the occasional snow here in IL.

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets #2  
Mike,

I just have a few cans of spray paint in various colors (red, black, Woods yellow, Deere green, etc) and hit all of the bare spots on the various equipment once a year. The areas you are talking about will always experience paint wear, not much you can do. Some of these wear areas I just apply a light coat of grease to also. But that can attract and retain dirt, so think about where you do that. All of my equipment is stored indoors, so rust isn't too big of an issue.

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but works for me.

Chris

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets #3  
The inside and bottom of a loader bucket are always going to be scraped up and have bare spots. Nothing you can do, unless you paint it every time you use it. A loader bucket is a ground engaging part just like the points of a plow. Most just accept this and let that one area go. Then take care of the rest of the loader and tractor like you would like, wash, wax and keep shined etc.

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets #4  
Besides, every time you use the bucket, the rust will be scraped off. If you park it outside, be certain that water won't stand in it...

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets #5  
Just as an aside, FYI, my 2006 400CX loader came with greatly beefed-up quick attach brackets. They are different enough that everyone in the dealer's service department came to have a look. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif There is more metal, plus strengthening ridges in the area where the old ones used to crack all the time.

Tom.

/ JD 300X/C loader quick attach loader arm brackets
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just as an aside, FYI, my 2006 400CX loader came with greatly beefed-up quick attach brackets. They are different enough that everyone in the dealer's service department came to have a look. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif There is more metal, plus strengthening ridges in the area where the old ones used to crack all the time.

Tom.
)</font>

I actually have a set of the new ones as well. Used the service number that was located in the long thread about the pieces breaking. I will keep them until the original ones break and then install the new ones. Thanks.