Wear Edge for 110 TLB

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #1  

CurlyDave

Elite Member
Tractor
JD TLB 110
I have a pretty new TLB 110 with the 72" 4-n-1 FEL bucket.

There is a row of evenly spaced holes just behind the front lip of the bucket and the JD accessories catalog shows that there should be a bolt-on wear edge which can be added to the bucket.

I am thinking that I should do this now, before I bend the edge of the bucket and can not bolt anything on. Plus it would strengthen the edge of the bucket & hopefully prevent bending.

Unfortunately, the salesman at the dealer at first agreed that there was a bolt-on wear edge, but after looking it up (he is not very computer-savvy) told me that the only ones available are weld-on. He suggests that I just wait until I bend it, and then get someone to weld a new one on.

I just can't believe that Deere would put the row of holes there without selling the accessory to go with them.

Can anyone help me with either a part number or a definitive "you can't buy that".

Thanks.

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #2  
The cutting edge may be generic. Measure the bucket hole spacing and see if one of the generic ones will fit.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #3  
On the JD "Build Your Own" function for the 110 it shows a 72" bolt on cutting edge #T32742 available.

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #4  
But NOT for the 4-N-1 (most expensive /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) bucket. Go figure. Something I'm sure can fit or be made to fit in a bolt on replacable style.

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #5  
Have him order the cutting edge for the standard 72" bucket and the hardware, too. It will fit perfectly. I have sold it on 4-in-1 buckets on the 110 tlb. Definitely the way to go.

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB
Thanks, for the part number.

I called the dealer and ordered one, he had to come out to install a spark arrestor today, and he brought it with him. It fit quite nicely.

The salesguy said he learned something new. Since they outfit most of their 110's with the 4-n-1 buckets, they will get some extra business.

Now, the only question is that the bolts stick up quite a ways into the bucket. Do I ignore this, or cut off the extra length beyond the nuts?

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #7  
My edge also came with the bolts protruding into the bucket, I have found it to be a so what as the bolts have started to wear off. They could be a sticky issue for you though on the 4n1 if you were trying to grapple a rock that "should fit" but won't.

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #8  
The holes can probably be used for bolt-on teeth as well...

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB #9  
Don't worry about the bolts, if you look at any bucket with a replaceable cutting edge, you will see them. Glad it all worked out. Enjoy that 110 TLB!!

/ Wear Edge for 110 TLB
One other thing worth mentioning, for those thinking about getting the wear edge.

Althought the edge fit quite nicely, during the installation, I sighted down the original bucket edge and was slightly bent in 2 or 3 places. About 1/4" at the worst one. I had 46 hours on the machine, but it came with 11.8, so lets say 35 hours of actual operation. The bolts pulled the wear edge into firm contact with the original bucket, but somewhere along the line and a bigger bend and this would not have been so easy.