Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #1  

acs55812

Silver Member
Tractor
4100/410
Need JD 47\" snowblower parts diagram

I bought a 47" snowblower 1996 model that the serial number starts with M0147----the gears have all been disassembled and I am wondering if someone has a exploded parts diagram that could be emailed to show how the reassembly of this should go?
Thanks
Dan

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #3  
Re: Need JD 47\" snowblower parts diagram

Don't forget that there is www.jdparts.com. They have exploded diagrams, You can get the part numbers with supercedence, and even order them right there...

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #4  
Re: Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram

Does anyone know what type of annual maintenance should be performed on this snowblower?

Also, how many grease zerks are there on the entire snowblower. I only counted 2 on the blade shaft. Is that all?

Thank you.

Sorry I posted to an old thread but the previous posts were so helpful.

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #5  

Here is what I do...

Every year I tip it on its end and drain the gear box fluid and replace. There are two grease points on the front shafts and each u-joint on the drive shafts has zerks. Also check chain tension and lube the chain.....

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #6  

Thanks pilot-werx.

What do you lube the chain with?

Also, do you happen to know what size of allen wrench is used on the grear box drain plug? I can't find one that fits.

Thank you.

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #7  

There's another thing you might consider doing. It seems the shoot cables break a lot. I suggest greasing the cables to keep them from rusting. I've broken more than one cable due to rust. It's also a good idea to keep a couple on hand.
Good idea to change the oil in the box, I'll start doing that.
Rob

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #8  
Re: Need JD 47\" snowblower parts diagram

Do you have a parts numbers for the parts diagram

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #9  

Here is what I do...

Every year I tip it on its end and drain the gear box fluid and replace. There are two grease points on the front shafts and each u-joint on the drive shafts has zerks. Also check chain tension and lube the chain.....

What are the two grease points midway on the front shafts for? The bearings are on the end. Does the entire shaft full with grease to lube something? What?

/ Need JD 47" snowblower parts diagram #10  

What are the two grease points midway on the front shafts for? The bearings are on the end. Does the entire shaft full with grease to lube something? What?

Fills the void with grease so the inner and outer shafts don't seize together from rust. If you hit something and break a shear bolt, you want driven inner shaft to spin inside the outer auger shaft. If they didn't, the shear bolt would serve no purpose and you'd break something else like the gearbox.