Wheel spacers for my JD 750

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Need some wheel spacers for my narrow arse JD750 CUT. I have the R1 tires with the tall/narrow rims. Local JD dealer tells me that Deere doesn't offer such a part. Anyone got a source or a drawing I can bring to the machine shop? Searched the forum here but found zip.
I need a wider stance for saftey's sake, but need the ag traction.
Rear tires are already loaded and I'll be adding wheel weights soon. If I could get the rears as wide as the front then I would feel a little safer on hills. I know its only a matter of time before I flop that rig on its side. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750
Durn fella's...did I ask a verboten question? I know someone must have added spacers to a 750 CUT before.

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #3  
Re: Wheel spacers for my JD 750 *DELETED*

Post deleted by JerryG
I read the post wrong. Sorry

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #4  
I would be careful here, you want to be sure that the Wheel will "register" to the new Spacer and that the new Spacer "registers" to te Hub (inside Wheel Hole to Spacer), or disaster may result. I am going to ask an obvious question here, so please don't be offended-it's been a while since I have seen a 750, but as I recall you can swap the Wheels side to side for Track Width-you have the dish out, don't you(does your Wheel have a bolt on dish to the Hub?)?

I checked to see if we offered them for the 750 or 770/790 and could not find any listed-

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would be careful here, you want to be sure that the Wheel will "register" to the new Spacer and that the new Spacer "registers" to te Hub (inside Wheel Hole to Spacer), or disaster may result. I am going to ask an obvious question here, so please don't be offended-it's been a while since I have seen a 750, but as I recall you can swap the Wheels side to side for Track Width-you have the dish out, don't you(does your Wheel have a bolt on dish to the Hub?)?

I checked to see if we offered them for the 750 or 770/790 and could not find any listed)</font>

Here is a couple pics of how the wheels are mounted. Dish out I think is how its said. The fronts are dish out as well. The front "stance" is a bit wider than the rear as I have Turfs up front. I'd like to set the rears a few inches wider if possible. I don't have the fabrication skills or tools to make my own spacers.
If all else fails, I may swap rims and tires to R4 industrial type for the added width. Rather not lose the R1 traction though.
tractor2.jpg

skidder1.JPG

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #6  
Hey slaker i feel your pain , i have the same tractor and just switched from turf tires to 24'' ag tires , when i orderd my rims i thought i was getting adj, rims but ended up with the same thing you have . what i am thinking of doing is haveing a spacer made sp i can bolt on a nother set or rims and tires to make it a dual set in the rear ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey slaker i feel your pain , i have the same tractor and just switched from turf tires to 24'' ag tires , when i orderd my rims i thought i was getting adj, rims but ended up with the same thing you have . what i am thinking of doing is haveing a spacer made sp i can bolt on a nother set or rims and tires to make it a dual set in the rear ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

Dual rears....hmmm....thats an idea for sure. Both sets loaded would be some serious traction. I don't need that kind of width, but I sure would like to find some wheel spacers. I may have to trailer the tractor to a machine shop and have them measure for it. Sure wish I could find the spacers as an "off the shelf" item.

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #8  
I have a 950. I have seen pictures of some 950's with wheels similar to yours. But mine has two piece rears. The outer part of the wheel has lugs offset for 4 different width settings. The inner dish can be rotated to bolt to the lug on the outer wheel you prefer. Maybe they make that type wheel for the 750.

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #9  
I would recommend that you consider Wheel Weights (if your Tires aren't loaded). Other than that, you could take some critical measurements and go to a Machine Shop (I'm gonna warn you, this may be expensive! Get a Quote) and have them turned out on a Lathe, unless you know someone who has one. Safety is the number one concern here-the Wheel Lug Bolts simply cannot handle all of the stress, so the Spacers really need to be made correctly-

/ Wheel spacers for my JD 750 #10  
Looks like the same axle/wheel bolt spacing as my 4300. I can't find spacers either. Just need an extra inch per side. This means that they have to be machined out of 1 1/4 plate. Not common up here. You should have the inside machined with the same size center hole as the rim so it fits over the axle boss that sticks out. Then have the outside machined with a matching ridge to support the rim when you are re-installing them. I believe that this ridge adds a lot of support to the wheel bolts so that they only transmit the axle torque, not the tractor weight. You should be able to measure the diameter of the wheel bolt circle and just take the measurements to the machine shop for an estimate. Good luck and report back please.....Pat