Adding rear remotes to 855

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #1  

FreakDaddy

Has anyone added rear remotes to their 655/755/855/955? If so how did you do it? I'm about ready to add them to mine and I plan to use selector valves close to the loader and hoses running to the rear so I can turn on the loader or the remotes but not both at the same time. Not ideal but it seems like the easiet way.

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #2  
Boy, it's been a long time since I've thought about this, but as I recall you could either have SCV's (remotes) to the front for Loader use or to the back (for whatever). Now, you could get an Auxilary Hydraulic kit which would give you unregulated flow straight from the Hydraulic pump (you would need to plumb in a Valve). Other than that, I don't think we had the foresight back then to offer it (someone might correct me here)-

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #3  
There are 2 way to get this done...
The more expensive way is to find a PowerBeyond kit to fit your tractor if they are still available through JD, then you can add a new set of valves(SCV's) and have true rear remotes, independent of the FEL. This option will probably cost $500 to $800.
The cheap way to do it is to go to your local hydraulic shop, and get long hoses and 4 sets of quick disconnects(QD's). You can run the long hoses to the rear, and unplug the loader hoses and plug in the long hoses to get your "rear remotes".

Are you trying to get 1 or 2 remotes?
What are you going to operate in the rear?

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #4  
I have done it for the 955 (3 times). JD no longer makes
the remote valve kit, but you can buy the parts separately.
The only thing you MUST get is the power beyond plug that
goes into the hydraulic block just aft of the loader valve. It
is just a hex plug with a funky thread and costs about $2.50.
You can get your own fittings, hoses, and valve(s). You need
to look at the parts book or look at the diagram on your
dealer's computer.

/ Adding rear remotes to 855
I'd like two remotes so I can add cylinders to my sprayer booms and operate them independently. I have many things that I would use the remotes for too. Here's my sprayer I built...

Turfgrass sprayer link

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #7  
Wow, nice job, great looking sprayer.

/ Adding rear remotes to 855
Thank you!

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #9  
From one of the photos it looks like your tractor already has the power beyond kit.
I thought I could see the hose loop.
So like the other guy said you could make a little frame/plate, mount a couple of valves and
plug into the existing open center power beyond.

/ Adding rear remotes to 855 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is the power beyond plug in one of these pictures?

Link to JD 855 parts diagram )</font>

This looks a little different than my 4110, but I think it is #18, part # PT13744, PLUG .It should screw into the block somewhere between the two hoses that go to the rear. The plug blocks fluid from passing though the block, and forces it to the OUT port, through the valve then back to the IN port. This loop MUST be continuous whenever the tractor is running, as the full rated hydraulic flow will be passing through this line.