Tires Turf tire to Ag tires

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #1  

PHIL850

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 850
I recently purchased a JD 850, MFWD with Turf tires. The Turf tires are pretty well worn and I will be looking to replace them with Ag tires in the future. I was wondering if there are any Ag tires that will fit my exisiting Rims or will I have to purchase new Rims as well when I go with Ag tires? For now I may just use tire chains until I save up enough coin for new tires. My rear tire size is 355/80D20

Any advice is great as I am new to owning a tractor.

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #2  
Look in the tbn classifieds. There are several tire/wheel sets being offered. The 850 might also use wheels for Yanmar (?)

Also there is a company listing tractor tires on eBay that sells them already mounted on wheels.

Here is one of their ads:
TuckerTire

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #3  
I have a 850 with the ag rims but with the diamond tread style rubber. I want to change to turf but can not find the rims. I would be interested to hear how you make out.

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a 850 with the ag rims but with the diamond tread style rubber. I want to change to turf but can not find the rims. I would be interested to hear how you make out. )</font>

Maybe you and Phil should consider a swap...he wants R-1's, you want R-3's.

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #5  
I'm shopping for the same thing for my 950, I have the same problem, have turf, need ag. I have all of the manuals and it looks like the turf and the ag use the same rims??? Also, I notice that someone in the midwest is selling sets cheap. 7.00x16 ag lug with rims for $125 or so and that includes shipping. Think your rears are 24's and mine are 28's. Looks like the ag rears with rims are in the $500-600 range from this same business. If you don't find any here in the want adds, type in tractor tires on ebay and see what you find. Let us know what happens, next couple of weeks I'll be doing the same thing.
Chris

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #6  
I just bought ag rims for my 750, 2 rear rims from stealer $430.00- 2 FRONT RIMS FROM STEALER $160.00 2front tires from tractor supply $80.00 2 rear tires from local tire shop $377.00 size 11.2x 24........ having traction priceless /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #7  
Hey Phill where abouts in MA/VT are ya ? im in the north west corner

/ Turf tire to Ag tires #8  
I appreciate what you wrote on here but keep in mind this is a 17 year old thread.

I also read the above referenced article. It has many inaccuracies in it. So I clicked on another article. It was just a full of inaccurate statements.

Last edited: