Exposed hydaulic ducts/tie rods: a problem in JD?

/ Exposed hydaulic ducts/tie rods: a problem in JD? #1  

sevilla

Silver Member
Tractor
L3830
Hello everybody, I was just ready to buy a Kubota grand L3830 to clear some land and then work it, when I noticed that the tractor front axle, under a bent metal plate added for protection has a dust boot (a rubber thing that protects a joint in the tie rods. This rubber thing is completely exposed in any position of the steering wheel. As I said I intend to use the tractor to clear a piece of land that is full of brambles which can punch the thing in no time. I went to see a JG 3520 and this tractor has the rubber hydraulic ducts of the tie rods well exposed to anything that sticks out from the soil. Any experience with these ducts in the JD? I believe I cannot use a brush hog for the presence of too many rocks that I intended to remove with a back hoe. I have to add that I never owned a tractor and therefore I'm totally new to this. I will appreciate some advice on the matter. Thanks in advance for your expert advice

/ Exposed hydaulic ducts/tie rods: a problem in JD? #2  
Just can't use them like a bulldozer. There are a lot of exposed hyd. lines and hoses that can be torn off going into brush.

I back into brush with the rotary cutter (brush hog) on the 3pt. I don't often go forward into brush if it is tree tops and sticks. Bush type brush and small shrubs are different.

Some armor is available for the Deere, and likely for other brands that will help protect the under-belly. Might be what you want to get. Otherwise, use the bucket to clear your path and knock down the offending sticks, etc.