Optima Battery for JD4310

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #1  

Tom4310

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310
Hi Folks

Been a long winter and I did use the tractor to clear snow from the road but today was warm so I thought I would get some seat time. I took the front grill off to check the battery and noticed some battery acid leaking from the stock battery. I would like to replace this stock battery with an optima.

I did a search for optima battery in this forum and didn't come up with anything.

I believe a 51R battery (right side + post) is the correct battery for my 2004 JD4310 but just wanted to ask those that have this tractor and battery combo.

Does it fit ok and will the stock hold downs work or do I need to fab or buy new hold downs.

Thanks, Tom

p.s. going to snow for the next 3-4 days. Man, this was a long winter. Global Warming?, I think not...

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #2  
I did a quick search on TBN. Lots of threads on <font color="green"> JD </font> battery upgrades. Here is one thread. Click Here

/ Optima Battery for JD4310
I did the usual +optima +battery search and didn't come up with that post. Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to find a D51R Optima battery but nobody has any. They are back ordered at all the online places. I did find a website that was discussing the battery and how common the failures were. This battery fits Hondas and Acuras and are popular with the super-stereo crowd. Most of the posters complained about the battery and that they were going bad within a year.

Anbody have a problem with this particular battery? Anybody use a Stinger dry cell battery??

I just hate to spend $135 on a battery and have it go bad so soon.

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #4  
<font color="red"> I did the usual +optima +battery search and didn't come up with that post. </font>

Remember to select "ALL POSTS" as the search defaults to only one week.

<font color="red"> Anbody have a problem with this particular battery? </font>

I do not own one myself, but I have not heard of any failures here on TBN.

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #5  
When searching for a general topic. Make sure that you check "ALL Forums". Along with a setting for time beyond 1 week.

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #6  
I have found my D51R run down from the lights left on several times, but it still works perfectly. I think it has been through two winters, Ill check!

/ Optima Battery for JD4310 #7  
All right since you asked two particular questions about Stinger and Optimas. In 2003 I was a SLAP Stock Db and USAC DbDrag competitor and took 5th place at the 2003 SLAP (Sound Looks Audio and Performance) Nationals in Stock 161-260 (Surface area of cone). For those that have no clue what I said - I competed in high power car audio. I have a Yellow Top as a starter battery and two Singer 1700 CCA batterys in the Jeep. I lso have a 290 amp Ohio Generator alternator to charge them with. All hobbies before the hobby farm and wood shop. The optimas and Stingers are both excellent dry cells. Probably the best I have used. I will convert my tractor to a red top when the time comes. Interstate now also rebrands and sells the batterys - they are actually manufactured by Hawk battery. A place in Fl sold me my yellow top and a Stinger dealer in Georgia sold me all my Stinger equipment. The Jeep is about 99.9% Stinger.

Here is my Soud Domain website.

Check these battery and setup pics out:
134477_1_full.jpg

134477_88_full.jpg

134477_125_full.jpg