Grading Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100...

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #1  

smokedtires

Bronze Member
I bought a 48" Bush Hog BB. It seems to be built very sturdy at its 430 lbs. The sides are 3/8" thick steel.

I like it, but something just wasn't right about it so I went to work. I did my 1st job with the BB, but it's still not dirty yet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/mikeo//BoxBlade1.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/mikeo//BoxBlade2.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/mikeo//BoxBlade3.jpg

What do you think, did I do the right thing, or did I just waste my time and the value of my new BB /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #2  
Much as I like the paint job -- and I do like the paint job, looks very nice especially with the addition of the decal -- you have just produced a counterfeit JD boxblade which I suspect is illegal.

Cliff

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #3  
Well Frontier gets between 20% and 30% markup for having that very same thing done by the manufacturers. It looks outstanding! I am thinking about doing the same to a truck I just got for free!

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Much as I like the paint job -- and I do like the paint job, looks very nice especially with the addition of the decal -- you have just produced a counterfeit JD boxblade which I suspect is illegal.

Cliff )</font>

I am pretty sure JD does not make or sell a BoxBlade so how could he counterfeit one? Also putting a decal on something does not counterfeit it anyway. Also where does this device say that it is a box blade?

You just proved the point of how product association fuels the economy.

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #5  
[quoteI am pretty sure JD does not make or sell a BoxBlade so how could he counterfeit one? )</font>

That's hardly relevant is it? Eventually, someone will be buying a used boxblade that they think is a JD box blade and it's not. It's a fake. Even if smokedtires doesn't sell it ( or tells the prospective buyer that it's a fake), eventually it will change hands a few times and it will be bought and sold as a JD box blade.

Whether you think it's OK to do this kind of thing or not is up to you. Perhaps you should go into business buying cheap box blades, painting them JD green, puting a decal on them and selling them on EBAY. You don't have to 'say' they are JD, just show the picture. I mean, why not? JD doesn't even make a box blade so it's not like it's counterfeit.

I do want to reiterate: Smokedtires did a very nice job.
Cliff

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100...
Cliff John I can appreciate your point, which is why I took measures to show that JD did not make this box blade. I know that it would have to be sold as a Bush Hog if I ever decide to sell, which is why I kept the original Bush Hog Tag with the serial number on it (taped over before painted and then tape removed), and the model numbers that are on the sides were just painted over as well. So while I do have it looking like a JD product to match my tractor, it is still identified as a Bush Hog up close /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #7  
A fine makeover indeed!
That thing looks stout as heck, regardless of the color.

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( [quoteI am pretty sure JD does not make or sell a BoxBlade so how could he counterfeit one? )</font>

That's hardly relevant is it? Eventually, someone will be buying a used boxblade that they think is a JD box blade and it's not. It's a fake.

Cliff
)</font>

Hi Cliff, I am sorry if I can across as a jerk on that last note. Not trying to be one I assure you guys. It is just awesome that JD's power is as shown even in a simple color choice.

I am about to release my "John Deere" colored Carry All's that are Imatch compatable to the world so do not ruin this gig for me.

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #9  
Looks great smokedtires, you did a nice job on the makeover.

I bought that same box blade about a month ago for use behind my B7510, so far it's been great. For such a simple looking device it sure takes some subtle adjustments to get it to do what you want - definitely not as easy as it might look.

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you have just produced a counterfeit JD boxblade which I suspect is illegal.

Cliff )</font>

Nothing is illegal about this. You can do what you like with your own equipment. If he set up a business, and resold them, yes; that would be wrong. If he sold it years down the line, and told the buyer it was not JD, it is a grey area. It may or may not be illegal depending upon laws in his area. More than likely, used equipment without title would not be subject to labeling or manufacture/origin identification restrictions.

After it changes hands a few times, responsibility falls to the seller for representing the goods properly and ethically. However, if it can be proven that the seller had no clue (e.g. bought it at an estate sale, then resold it), then it becomes "caveat emptor".