John Deere X720 Reverse Switch

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #21  
I see what you have experienced, but I'd guess that the CA state was checking out if the perpetrators were actually breaking their laws, and prosecuted them for breaking the CA law. Not the MB (? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) for being the media and allowing the information to be posted.
My thoughts are the reverse switch is not a law, but is a decision that the mfg. puts on to protect them against a suit. As I understand, this stems from a Cub Cadet damage suit that some other mfg's (Deere included) have decided to add to their line. The company lawyers try to insist that a dealer not let a lawn tractor leave their shop without all safety devices in working order, just to protect themselves against liability. Some tractors don't have the over-ride button like the Deere, and the tractors simply shut down. I for sure wouldn't go for that option. Very frustrating when I've operated such lawn tractors.
Don't think one can go to jail for removing the safety switches, but whoever does would likely shoulder the brunt of responsibility and liability. (not that common sense enters into this picture in any way shape or form /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).
I've been on sites where the moderator wouldn't tolerate any discussion of disabling safety switches. His thought was he was responsible for everything discussed on his site. I haven't seen any warnings of such from the site boss's here, but don't know that I am up to date on this eaither. It's not included in the 8 forum rules posted above.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #22  
I see what you have experienced, but I'd guess that the CA state was checking out if the perpetrators were actually breaking their laws, and prosecuted them for breaking the CA law. Not the MB (? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) for being the media and allowing the information to be posted.
My thoughts are the reverse switch is not a law, but is a decision that the mfg. puts on to protect them against a suit. As I understand, this stems from a Cub Cadet damage suit that some other mfg's (Deere included) have decided to add to their line. The company lawyers try to insist that a dealer not let a lawn tractor leave their shop without all safety devices in working order, just to protect themselves against liability. Some tractors don't have the over-ride button like the Deere, and the tractors simply shut down. I for sure wouldn't go for that option. Very frustrating when I've operated such lawn tractors.
Don't think one can go to jail for removing the safety switches, but whoever does would likely shoulder the brunt of responsibility and liability. (not that common sense enters into this picture in any way shape or form /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).
I've been on sites where the moderator wouldn't tolerate any discussion of disabling safety switches. His thought was he was responsible for everything discussed on his site. I haven't seen any warnings of such from the site boss's here, but don't know that I am up to date on this eaither. It's not included in the 8 forum rules posted above.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #23  
My Father In-Law Just Purchased A JD X720SE With 62" Mower ($10,500 Out The Door). Anyone Found A Way To Disable The Reverse Switch On X700 Tractors? (Shuts Off Mower When You Back-Up) We So Far Can't Find The Switch. It Has Back-Up Lights, Will We Lose Them When We Disable This Function? Please help If You Know, Thank You.

this shows how How to disable RIO on your John Deere GT! - YouTube

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #24  
A related question but not really. It's obvious that anyone can bypass a switch. My Question is with the X700 series mowers, What gets activated or deactivated when you push down on this momentary ON Switch?

Does this switch activate a relay? Does it activate some solenoid? And IF it does one of the two I mentioned, will jumping this switch out cause a very premature failure to , say, a relay or solenoid that is not designed to stay on all the time?

I know it's a touchy subject but I feel that the DRIVER is responsible not the company. You wanna get drunk in a bar, why put the liability on the bartender? You let your kid fall out of a window of a rented building , why is it the landlords fault? You wanna drive with Low Pressure tires, why force all America to pay for these stupid/expensive Pressure sensors? BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF. Stop this Liability Lawsuit nonesense