John Deere X720 Reverse Switch

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #1  

skootter2

My Father In-Law Just Purchased A JD X720SE With 62" Mower ($10,500 Out The Door). Anyone Found A Way To Disable The Reverse Switch On X700 Tractors? (Shuts Off Mower When You Back-Up) We So Far Can't Find The Switch. It Has Back-Up Lights, Will We Lose Them When We Disable This Function? Please help If You Know, Thank You.

Attachments

• 885665-004-600x492.jpg
    885665-004-600x492.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3,016
   / John Deere X720 Reverse Switch
My Father In-Law Just Purchased A JD X720SE With 62" Mower ($10,500 Out The Door). Anyone Found A Way To Disable The Reverse Switch On X700 Tractors? (Shuts Off Mower When You Back-Up) We So Far Can't Find The Switch. It Has Back-Up Lights, Will We Lose Them When We Disable This Function? Please help If You Know, Thank You.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #3  
you might want to read the WHOLE manual before you start disconnecting "stuff"

From the Manual for your X720SE
NOTE: Backing up while mower is engaged is strongly discouraged. The Reverse Implement Option should be used only when operating another attachment or when operator deems it necessary to reposition machine with mower engaged.

1. Stop machine forward travel with attachment engaged.

2. Look behind machine to be sure there are no bystanders.

NOTE: If attachment stops while repositioning machine, return PTO/RIO switch to off position. Begin again with Step 2 in procedure.

MX22575, MX13557

3. Lift and hold PTO/RIO switch (A) up past the PTO engagement position to activate the reverse implement option while depressing reverse travel pedal slightly. Instrument panel PTO indicator light (B) will blink when RIO is engaged.

4. As machine begins to move backward, release PTO/RIO switch and reposition machine. Instrument panel PTO indicator light will stop blinking when switch is released.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #4  
you might want to read the WHOLE manual before you start disconnecting "stuff"

From the Manual for your X720SE
NOTE: Backing up while mower is engaged is strongly discouraged. The Reverse Implement Option should be used only when operating another attachment or when operator deems it necessary to reposition machine with mower engaged.

1. Stop machine forward travel with attachment engaged.

2. Look behind machine to be sure there are no bystanders.

NOTE: If attachment stops while repositioning machine, return PTO/RIO switch to off position. Begin again with Step 2 in procedure.

MX22575, MX13557

3. Lift and hold PTO/RIO switch (A) up past the PTO engagement position to activate the reverse implement option while depressing reverse travel pedal slightly. Instrument panel PTO indicator light (B) will blink when RIO is engaged.

4. As machine begins to move backward, release PTO/RIO switch and reposition machine. Instrument panel PTO indicator light will stop blinking when switch is released.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #5  
The two most common approaches is to find the RIO wire on the PTO switch (the one that is activated when lifting up) and figure out a way to keep it live when the PTO is on - just make sure you don't disable the other PTO safeties. The other way is to find the switch down in the reverse linkage that only comes into contact when you press the reverse pedal.

JD might have changed some things but do enough checking and you'll figure it out......in any event if you do alter anything make sure you make it reversable if you ever sell the tractor.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #6  
The two most common approaches is to find the RIO wire on the PTO switch (the one that is activated when lifting up) and figure out a way to keep it live when the PTO is on - just make sure you don't disable the other PTO safeties. The other way is to find the switch down in the reverse linkage that only comes into contact when you press the reverse pedal.

JD might have changed some things but do enough checking and you'll figure it out......in any event if you do alter anything make sure you make it reversable if you ever sell the tractor.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #7  
The X series is pretty simple, once you trace the linkage back to where the switch is activated when you press the reverse pedal. You won't lose any other functions if you just affect this one switch. Whoever deactivates the switch, takes the responsibility that no one is going to get backed over with a running mower deck. I think it is remote, but it is amazing to me the number of people I see mowing their lawn or yard with children and others in the mowing area. Or two people mowing with push mowers side by each. With all the debris that can be picked up and thrown, I find it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #8  
The X series is pretty simple, once you trace the linkage back to where the switch is activated when you press the reverse pedal. You won't lose any other functions if you just affect this one switch. Whoever deactivates the switch, takes the responsibility that no one is going to get backed over with a running mower deck. I think it is remote, but it is amazing to me the number of people I see mowing their lawn or yard with children and others in the mowing area. Or two people mowing with push mowers side by each. With all the debris that can be picked up and thrown, I find it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #9  
There is a news story on the web about a father who backed his riding mower over his child and amputated a leg over the weekend. SUPPOSEDLY this happened out west this weekend. If you want to discuss disarming safety devices, I'd suggest you take the discussion off line so no liability to the provider of a discussion group is created. Just my $.05 worth, don't flame me but do you talking off line.

/ John Deere X720 Reverse Switch #10  
There is a news story on the web about a father who backed his riding mower over his child and amputated a leg over the weekend. SUPPOSEDLY this happened out west this weekend. If you want to discuss disarming safety devices, I'd suggest you take the discussion off line so no liability to the provider of a discussion group is created. Just my $.05 worth, don't flame me but do you talking off line.