4300 broke rocker valve housing

/ 4300 broke rocker valve housing #1  

erisque

I am wondering if anyone else has broke a rocker housing? While grading, I backed into a sand embankment and the whole back side and top of the rocker housing just snapped off, it broke right down the center of the hydraulic fill opening, all the way down to the transmission!! This is a new tractor and I have had several problems with it. It is a john deere, 4300 Hydro, supposedly a 2000 model year or later. I am wondering if there are any defects listed with the rocker valve housing? Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Butch

/ 4300 broke rocker valve housing #2  
Even though back blades can be reversed, I do not think they are intended to be used that way. The only time I have damaged a box scraper was while in reverse. I once had an economy grade rear blade and it specifically warned against blading in reverse ( large decal on the blade) It may not be honest, but you might refrain from mentioning how you were using it if you try to lay blame on JD.

/ 4300 broke rocker valve housing #3  
I wouldn't think it would matter. While blading in reverse may be harmful to a lightweight or improperly designed blade, I don't see how it changes the stresses on the three-point system. I'd suspect a faulty casting on the rockshaft assembly.

In order to avoid ill feelings, I won't go into my opinion of the 4000 series tractors in general, other than to say that the more I see of them, the better I like my 750.

37-82173-paulsig3.jpg