Pulling disc with e hydro

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
I have several 20 acre fields I would like to plow with a 6-7 foot disc. Can I pull it with e hydro vs manual transmission. Several JD dealers have told me if I plan on pulling ground engaging equipment that I should stay away from e hydro because it will overheat. I have not been told this about Kubota Hydro's

/ Pulling disc with e hydro
I have several 20 acre fields I would like to plow with a 6-7 foot disc. Can I pull it with e hydro vs manual transmission. Several JD dealers have told me if I plan on pulling ground engaging equipment that I should stay away from e hydro because it will overheat. I have not been told this about Kubota Hydro's

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #3  
I pull a 6' disc with my JD 4720 e-hyrdo without a problem. I did 80 acres with it - no problem. I got very familiar with the cruise switch doing that project - yoiur ankle will be hurting by the end if you dont use the cruise.

Which tractor will you be using?

D.

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #4  
I pull a 6' disc with my JD 4720 e-hyrdo without a problem. I did 80 acres with it - no problem. I got very familiar with the cruise switch doing that project - yoiur ankle will be hurting by the end if you dont use the cruise.

Which tractor will you be using?

D.

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #5  
Their advice is true largely for serious AG use. You should be fine. But you will certainly need to watch your maintenece no matter which brand, use the best fluids, do all proper checks...

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #6  
Their advice is true largely for serious AG use. You should be fine. But you will certainly need to watch your maintenece no matter which brand, use the best fluids, do all proper checks...

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #7  
I'd think a big factor on the overheat would be the type of soil you have and how deep you plan on going.

Say you're wanting to get down 6 inches, taking 3 inches and letting dry a couple of days before trying to get the rest of the way down would put less pull on the hydro than trying for all 6 inches at once.

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #8  
I'd think a big factor on the overheat would be the type of soil you have and how deep you plan on going.

Say you're wanting to get down 6 inches, taking 3 inches and letting dry a couple of days before trying to get the rest of the way down would put less pull on the hydro than trying for all 6 inches at once.

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #9  
You should have no trouble doing the discing. I use mine to bottom plow ( 3- 14) about 12 acres, and some of that is in clay soil fields. No over heating in 170 hours.

/ Pulling disc with e hydro #10  
You should have no trouble doing the discing. I use mine to bottom plow ( 3- 14) about 12 acres, and some of that is in clay soil fields. No over heating in 170 hours.