Larger tires for 2305

/ Larger tires for 2305 #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
Has anyone looked into putting larger tires on a 2305? I believe larger tires would actually make the tractor more stable when using the FEL because the load in the bucket could be carried below the axle centerline instead of equal or above as the stock tires require.

/ Larger tires for 2305
Has anyone looked into putting larger tires on a 2305? I believe larger tires would actually make the tractor more stable when using the FEL because the load in the bucket could be carried below the axle centerline instead of equal or above as the stock tires require.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #3  
Are you talking larger tires on the front? rear? or both?

More stability with a load in the bucket comes from weight on the rear, either fluid in the tires, wheel weights, ballast on the 3pt or some combination of all three. Just that there needs to be adequate weight on the rear to keep stability. The manual will recommend lots of weight. I think it is cheaper than larger tires.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #4  
Are you talking larger tires on the front? rear? or both?

More stability with a load in the bucket comes from weight on the rear, either fluid in the tires, wheel weights, ballast on the 3pt or some combination of all three. Just that there needs to be adequate weight on the rear to keep stability. The manual will recommend lots of weight. I think it is cheaper than larger tires.

/ Larger tires for 2305
Larger tires both front and rear. I do have a ballast bow and it helps but the real problem is that due to the small tires the axles are very close to the ground so even if you raise the bucket only a foot off the ground it is above the centerline on the axles thereby raising the center of gravity of the tractor by a large amount.
When I decided on the 2305 instead of the 2520 I simply assumed that a lower tractor was more stable but after using it I'm surprised at the number of times I lift a wheel just motoring around the yard, my 4410 and 955 seem a lot more stable.

/ Larger tires for 2305
Larger tires both front and rear. I do have a ballast bow and it helps but the real problem is that due to the small tires the axles are very close to the ground so even if you raise the bucket only a foot off the ground it is above the centerline on the axles thereby raising the center of gravity of the tractor by a large amount.
When I decided on the 2305 instead of the 2520 I simply assumed that a lower tractor was more stable but after using it I'm surprised at the number of times I lift a wheel just motoring around the yard, my 4410 and 955 seem a lot more stable.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #7  
You would have to find tires where the diameter ratio's between the front and rear were the same as the ratio between the original front and rear's otherwise drive train load up would occur in 4wd and could possibly break a drivline component. Also consider that with larger tires your effective overall gear ratio becomes less effective and lugging power is lost.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #8  
You would have to find tires where the diameter ratio's between the front and rear were the same as the ratio between the original front and rear's otherwise drive train load up would occur in 4wd and could possibly break a drivline component. Also consider that with larger tires your effective overall gear ratio becomes less effective and lugging power is lost.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #9  
It's basically impossible, the rear tires would hit the fenders and the fronts would rub when you turned. And as mentioned before the gear ratios would be off. This tractor is way light on the back. I started with 650lbs of 3ph ballast, I now have added loaded tires and 50lb wheel weights. This with the I match combines for about 1000 lbs added weight and this is not overkill. It now feels safe driving around with a full bucket.

/ Larger tires for 2305 #10  
It's basically impossible, the rear tires would hit the fenders and the fronts would rub when you turned. And as mentioned before the gear ratios would be off. This tractor is way light on the back. I started with 650lbs of 3ph ballast, I now have added loaded tires and 50lb wheel weights. This with the I match combines for about 1000 lbs added weight and this is not overkill. It now feels safe driving around with a full bucket.