did i screw up?

/ did i screw up? #1  

jmt1271

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
i had my dealer fill my tires when i bought my 3520. turns out the local co-op filled them. i think they used a methanol/water mixture. is this okay? should i use something else?

/ did i screw up?
i had my dealer fill my tires when i bought my 3520. turns out the local co-op filled them. i think they used a methanol/water mixture. is this okay? should i use something else?

/ did i screw up? #3  
That is what I have in mine. Don't think you screwed up, unless you wanted something different and didn't tell them.

Probably could have had the beet byproduct, Rim Gard. Heavier but more expensive. Also, calcium chloride, which is heavier and likes to cause rust of the rim. Anti-freeze which some don't like as they are afeered a leak will cause an animal to want to drink it and die. I like the windshield washer fluid which I assume is what you have.

/ did i screw up? #4  
That is what I have in mine. Don't think you screwed up, unless you wanted something different and didn't tell them.

Probably could have had the beet byproduct, Rim Gard. Heavier but more expensive. Also, calcium chloride, which is heavier and likes to cause rust of the rim. Anti-freeze which some don't like as they are afeered a leak will cause an animal to want to drink it and die. I like the windshield washer fluid which I assume is what you have.

/ did i screw up? #5  
Methanol/water is what I have in mine, done by the dealer.

You can also use antifreeze solution, calcium chloride solution or beet juice. All these have their pluses and minuses.

Ralph

/ did i screw up? #6  
Methanol/water is what I have in mine, done by the dealer.

You can also use antifreeze solution, calcium chloride solution or beet juice. All these have their pluses and minuses.

Ralph

/ did i screw up? #7  
If the local co-op filled the tires, they probably used whatever is most popular with the farmers in your area. In my part of the country, a lot of farmers use just plain water since it isn't too likely to freeze and/or they don't plan to use the tractor if it's ever that cold. I've had them tell me it doesn't hurt for them to freeze as long as you don't move the tractor until the ice is thoroughly melted.

/ did i screw up? #8  
If the local co-op filled the tires, they probably used whatever is most popular with the farmers in your area. In my part of the country, a lot of farmers use just plain water since it isn't too likely to freeze and/or they don't plan to use the tractor if it's ever that cold. I've had them tell me it doesn't hurt for them to freeze as long as you don't move the tractor until the ice is thoroughly melted.

/ did i screw up? #9  
Most of the dealers in my area have used Methanol in tires for about 30 years.

/ did i screw up? #10  
Most of the dealers in my area have used Methanol in tires for about 30 years.