PTO HP on an X585?

/ PTO HP on an X585? #1  

JJE64

Tractor
X585
Does anyone know what the rated HP is on an X585 540 rpm rear PTO? I am guessing about 17 hp based on the engine is 25 hp.

Also, would this tractor handle a VERY small rotary cutter? KK and Fred Cain make 40" units that weigh about 380 lbs. I have a small area that needs rough cutting every year and using one of these on the X585 intrigues me.

Thanks
John

/ PTO HP on an X585?
Does anyone know what the rated HP is on an X585 540 rpm rear PTO? I am guessing about 17 hp based on the engine is 25 hp.

Also, would this tractor handle a VERY small rotary cutter? KK and Fred Cain make 40" units that weigh about 380 lbs. I have a small area that needs rough cutting every year and using one of these on the X585 intrigues me.

Thanks
John

/ PTO HP on an X585? #3  
I have seen the 40" cutter work well on these units. I assume you have the PTO and 3-point?

/ PTO HP on an X585? #4  
I have seen the 40" cutter work well on these units. I assume you have the PTO and 3-point?

/ PTO HP on an X585? #5  
I have a 445 with the 22HP Kawasaki, and it is rated at 19 HP at the PTO, so I would expect the X585 to be around 21-22HP at the PTO.

Have you tried mowing the area with the deck lifted as high as it will go? I have about 4 acres that needs to be knocked down a few times a year, and the 54" deck actually handles it pretty well. I've been thinking about the rear PTO, 3PH and a small rotary cutter, but this low tech. solution seems OK for now.

Woods also makes a series of attachments for the "estate tractors". The key limit will be the 3PH lifting capacity, not the HP.

Good luck.

Rob H.

/ PTO HP on an X585? #6  
I have a 445 with the 22HP Kawasaki, and it is rated at 19 HP at the PTO, so I would expect the X585 to be around 21-22HP at the PTO.

Have you tried mowing the area with the deck lifted as high as it will go? I have about 4 acres that needs to be knocked down a few times a year, and the 54" deck actually handles it pretty well. I've been thinking about the rear PTO, 3PH and a small rotary cutter, but this low tech. solution seems OK for now.

Woods also makes a series of attachments for the "estate tractors". The key limit will be the 3PH lifting capacity, not the HP.

Good luck.

Rob H.