Banned
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25, JD425 AWS

Default JD #7 backhoe

Does anyone know who really manufactures a JD #7 backhoe? Especially older models (c. 1991).

Banned
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25, JD425 AWS

Default JD #7 backhoe

Does anyone know who really manufactures a JD #7 backhoe? Especially older models (c. 1991).

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: JD #7 backhoe

I am under the impression they are really made by JD at their Horicon plant. I'll check the plate on mine tonight to be sure [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 790

I am under the impression they are really made by JD at their Horicon plant. I'll check the plate on mine tonight to be sure [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 790

OK, I checked out my tractor tonight. The plate on the backhoe says "Deere and Company, Moline, IL, Made in USA". Just for kicks, my #70 loader plate says "John Deere Limited, Welland, Ontario, Canada, Made in USA". The tech manual is called "Horicon Hydraulic Attachments" and covers a number of loaders, backhoes etc. It is put out by the "John Deere Lawn & Grounds Care Division".

Although Horicon is a Deere division in Horicon, WI, I guess it's inconclusive where the thing is actually made [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 790

OK, I checked out my tractor tonight. The plate on the backhoe says "Deere and Company, Moline, IL, Made in USA". Just for kicks, my #70 loader plate says "John Deere Limited, Welland, Ontario, Canada, Made in USA". The tech manual is called "Horicon Hydraulic Attachments" and covers a number of loaders, backhoes etc. It is put out by the "John Deere Lawn & Grounds Care Division".

Although Horicon is a Deere division in Horicon, WI, I guess it's inconclusive where the thing is actually made [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD X585

Many current backhoe attachments are built
    by Ameriquip. I can't say for sure if the 7
    is the same, but I know the 46, 447 and 448 are
    all made by Ameriquip.

Tractor
    JD X585

Many current backhoe attachments are built
    all made by Ameriquip.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 855, 322, AMT626 plus whatever my son dragged home this month

Just curious why you would ask? - I'm in the outsourcing business - (electronics, not tractors)- and we no longer make many of our products, but everything is done to our designs and our specs, and the supply chain is controlled so there is no "outside access" to the product or parts etc. by someone trying to go direct. Stuff might be made by one contract manufacturer this month, and move to another one next month as we continue to drive for cost improvement both in the manufacturing but also in the distribution model.
    I'm interested as to what difference our choices might make to the end customer. We tend to keep the actual supply chain invisible to our customers - it's our brand on the product, not that of the CM.

Even where we contract another vendor to both design and manufacture something for us - it is still our spec that they are designing to, and they can sell those products only to us. We retain the rights to the design and can transfer that product later if we can benefit from doing so.

I don't know what the Deere model is, but in my business the supply chain behind "our" products always includes other vendors. It would be interesting to understand what "preferences" our customers have for various different supply models - either in-house versus outsource, or even preferences for one CM over another (local versus multi-national etc.)

Thanks for bringing up the topic - now I can claim TBN is work related. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 2355, JD 3720,JD 855, JD LX280

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Many current backhoe attachments are built
    all made by Ameriquip. )</font>

Really? The plate on my 447 says its assembled at the Moline plant.