removing crankshaft pulley on 755

/ removing crankshaft pulley on 755 #1  

mitch_lojek

Tractor
mf 1010
trying to strip down engine for rebuilding. having trouble removing the crankshaft pulley. the FSM says to remove the bolt and washer and use a 2 jaw puller. having done that, I went to a 3 jaw puller and tighten it to the point of shearing a few bolts right off the puller. still no luck! I tried tapping with hammer while tightening the puller and even heated pulley with torch.
did anybody else have this kind of problem, if so, how did you overcome it. any help would definitely be appreciated.

/ removing crankshaft pulley on 755
trying to strip down engine for rebuilding. having trouble removing the crankshaft pulley. the FSM says to remove the bolt and washer and use a 2 jaw puller. having done that, I went to a 3 jaw puller and tighten it to the point of shearing a few bolts right off the puller. still no luck! I tried tapping with hammer while tightening the puller and even heated pulley with torch.
did anybody else have this kind of problem, if so, how did you overcome it. any help would definitely be appreciated.

/ removing crankshaft pulley on 755 #3  
I have done 3 or 4. I used a good 3-jaw puller after loosening
the bolt. I put the center screw of the puller on the head of
the bolt. After tightening the puller, I whacked the puller
with a hammer. Only once. Is your puller acting on the head
of the bolt?

/ removing crankshaft pulley on 755 #4  
I have done 3 or 4. I used a good 3-jaw puller after loosening
the bolt. I put the center screw of the puller on the head of
the bolt. After tightening the puller, I whacked the puller
with a hammer. Only once. Is your puller acting on the head
of the bolt?

yes, I did it exactly the way you decribed it and it did not budge. as for whacking it, I did hit it but was afraid I might damage something. I also used PB blaster. no luck. I'm now in the process of making a fixture to use a bottle jack. maybe that will work.

yes, I did it exactly the way you decribed it and it did not budge. as for whacking it, I did hit it but was afraid I might damage something. I also used PB blaster. no luck. I'm now in the process of making a fixture to use a bottle jack. maybe that will work.