2305 PTO noise

/ 2305 PTO noise #1  

Rogator

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 John Deere 2520, John Deere 185, John Deere 155
Just had my new 2305 delivered last week. When I put the mower in gear there is two distinct sound. One is the sound of the mower and the other is a higher pitched noise from the rear of the tractor. This noise is not coming from the mower but is only made when the PTO is under load. It almost sounds as if it is a bad bearing. This noise can be heard above the sound of the mower. The dealer sent out a mechanic that did not know much about this tractor. He said the trans fluid was about two cups low which he added and spilled a third one and made no attempt to clean it up. When he was here I was not home and he said he heard no noise. He came back the next day when I was home and all of a sudden he could hear the noise, but did not know what it was. He said they would pick it up and take it into the shop because they have all kinds of gauges to test for noises like that.
I really don't think he knew what he was talking about.
I was wondering if anyone with a 2305 and 62" mower
have heard a simular noise?

/ 2305 PTO noise
Just had my new 2305 delivered last week. When I put the mower in gear there is two distinct sound. One is the sound of the mower and the other is a higher pitched noise from the rear of the tractor. This noise is not coming from the mower but is only made when the PTO is under load. It almost sounds as if it is a bad bearing. This noise can be heard above the sound of the mower. The dealer sent out a mechanic that did not know much about this tractor. He said the trans fluid was about two cups low which he added and spilled a third one and made no attempt to clean it up. When he was here I was not home and he said he heard no noise. He came back the next day when I was home and all of a sudden he could hear the noise, but did not know what it was. He said they would pick it up and take it into the shop because they have all kinds of gauges to test for noises like that.
I really don't think he knew what he was talking about.
I was wondering if anyone with a 2305 and 62" mower
have heard a simular noise?

/ 2305 PTO noise #3  
I'm not sure, but it seems like its the hydraulic whine is resonating through the ROPS. Kind of like flying in a Army chopper or DC131 cargo plane. There is nothing insulating the noise of all the hydraulics running through the aircraft. Not that I want to repel from my 2305, but the sound does take me back to my service days. I'm sure the low fluid didn't help either. Fitz /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2305 PTO noise #4  
I'm not sure, but it seems like its the hydraulic whine is resonating through the ROPS. Kind of like flying in a Army chopper or DC131 cargo plane. There is nothing insulating the noise of all the hydraulics running through the aircraft. Not that I want to repel from my 2305, but the sound does take me back to my service days. I'm sure the low fluid didn't help either. Fitz /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2305 PTO noise
Hi Fitz So are you saying your 2305 makes this noise also? If so is it as loud or louder than the sound of the mower? My sound is coming from behind and below me. Anyone else have this noise?

/ 2305 PTO noise
Hi Fitz So are you saying your 2305 makes this noise also? If so is it as loud or louder than the sound of the mower? My sound is coming from behind and below me. Anyone else have this noise?

/ 2305 PTO noise #7  
I have the same set up but no noise. I'm interested in hearing what the dealer has to say.
There is a PTO guard on the rear PTO and if you had both the mid and rear PTO engaged the noise may be coming from that just a thought.

/ 2305 PTO noise #8  
I have the same set up but no noise. I'm interested in hearing what the dealer has to say.
There is a PTO guard on the rear PTO and if you had both the mid and rear PTO engaged the noise may be coming from that just a thought.

/ 2305 PTO noise #9  
I agree with Piedmont. I have the same equipment, but don't have the noise. You can select mid, rear, or mid and rear PTO. Do you have both engaged?

/ 2305 PTO noise #10  
I agree with Piedmont. I have the same equipment, but don't have the noise. You can select mid, rear, or mid and rear PTO. Do you have both engaged?