john deere 6200 fuel problem

/ john deere 6200 fuel problem #1  

jwillia2

hi guys, i am new here and could really use some advice. the other day while driving down the road, my fuel filter popped off. i noticed it and shut it down before it died. after i put it back on. i tried to start it back up and it wont run anymore... i cannot here the pump in the tank trying to run. whats the best thing to do now???? has anyone on here every pulled one of these tanks??? any help would be greatly appreciated..i just find it rather odd the pump would have went at the exact same time the filter popped off.

if it helps the tractor has about 4k hours on it.

justin

/ john deere 6200 fuel problem
hi guys, i am new here and could really use some advice. the other day while driving down the road, my fuel filter popped off. i noticed it and shut it down before it died. after i put it back on. i tried to start it back up and it wont run anymore... i cannot here the pump in the tank trying to run. whats the best thing to do now???? has anyone on here every pulled one of these tanks??? any help would be greatly appreciated..i just find it rather odd the pump would have went at the exact same time the filter popped off.

if it helps the tractor has about 4k hours on it.

justin

/ john deere 6200 fuel problem #3  
You shouldn't need to pull the tank out to replace the pump. On a cab tractor there is an access hole under the floor mat to get to the pump and I think on open station models you can remove the center and left floor plates to get to it. First, I would check your fuses. There is a fuse for the pump. If the fuse is OK, check that you have 12 volts to the pump with the key on. I have seen some of these pumps go bad and the engine would still run OK until you try to change the filter, then you can't get it bled out. So my guess is that the pump was bad before the filter came off.

/ john deere 6200 fuel problem #4  
You shouldn't need to pull the tank out to replace the pump. On a cab tractor there is an access hole under the floor mat to get to the pump and I think on open station models you can remove the center and left floor plates to get to it. First, I would check your fuses. There is a fuse for the pump. If the fuse is OK, check that you have 12 volts to the pump with the key on. I have seen some of these pumps go bad and the engine would still run OK until you try to change the filter, then you can't get it bled out. So my guess is that the pump was bad before the filter came off.

great, i will check for 12 v power first and go from there. i was scared i was going to have to tilt the cab over to get to it. the fuse is ok....THANKS!

great, i will check for 12 v power first and go from there. i was scared i was going to have to tilt the cab over to get to it. the fuse is ok....THANKS!

i pulled the pump and hooked it to a battery, its dead... i guess thats the problem

i pulled the pump and hooked it to a battery, its dead... i guess thats the problem