food plots

/ food plots #11  
I put a small 1/2 area plot last summer. Used the rototiller going both directions, let sit a week and did it again. Then just used a Scotts broadcast spreader to put down the seed. Did very well. Has been very enjoyable watching the deere grow up on the digital camera...from fawns to seeing antelers going in ect. Also lots of turkey (spring gobbler in freezer)

On this subject do you guys mow the feed patch ever or just let grow?

Brandon
4200, FEL, 60MMM, BH, PHD, RT
Zelienople, PA

/ food plots #12  
I put a small 1/2 area plot last summer. Used the rototiller going both directions, let sit a week and did it again. Then just used a Scotts broadcast spreader to put down the seed. Did very well. Has been very enjoyable watching the deere grow up on the digital camera...from fawns to seeing antelers going in ect. Also lots of turkey (spring gobbler in freezer)

On this subject do you guys mow the feed patch ever or just let grow?

Brandon
4200, FEL, 60MMM, BH, PHD, RT
Zelienople, PA

/ food plots #13  
I haven't planted a food plot yet (still saving for a tractor for that matter), but I did talk to my friend about it. He's started a few this year. He's planting Biologic and some Chumpa, Churga, Chupa, I don't know...something like that. Anyway, he plowed the land first (untilled surface). Next step was to run a disc through. Finally the seed would be spread with a broadcast spreader.

I've read way more about shapes, sizes, and locations (Deer & Deer Hunting ect.) than actually how to plant a food plot.

Well, hope your plot grows some big bucks! Don't forget to post some feedback on your results on the big buck, errrr, I mean the food plot....LOL

/ food plots #14  
I haven't planted a food plot yet (still saving for a tractor for that matter), but I did talk to my friend about it. He's started a few this year. He's planting Biologic and some Chumpa, Churga, Chupa, I don't know...something like that. Anyway, he plowed the land first (untilled surface). Next step was to run a disc through. Finally the seed would be spread with a broadcast spreader.

I've read way more about shapes, sizes, and locations (Deer & Deer Hunting ect.) than actually how to plant a food plot.

Well, hope your plot grows some big bucks! Don't forget to post some feedback on your results on the big buck, errrr, I mean the food plot....LOL

/ food plots #15  
Oh, forgot to mention, this winter I went to a talk held by Wayne Laroche (Vermont Fish and Game Comissioner). He mentioned that there was funding out there for planting game food plots and improving game habitat. I don't believe this was Vermont specific either...could be Federal. Might want to check up on this!

/ food plots #16  
Oh, forgot to mention, this winter I went to a talk held by Wayne Laroche (Vermont Fish and Game Comissioner). He mentioned that there was funding out there for planting game food plots and improving game habitat. I don't believe this was Vermont specific either...could be Federal. Might want to check up on this!

/ food plots #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Chumpa, Churga, Chupa, I don't know...something like that.)</font>

Chufa? Turkey love it.

BR

/ food plots #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Chumpa, Churga, Chupa, I don't know...something like that.)</font>

Chufa? Turkey love it.

BR