food plots

/ food plots #1  

Jksnvly

Silver Member
Tractor
07 2520
With my 2305 I intend to put in some food plots for the deer and turkeys etc.. Does anyone have one of the implements designed for this purpose? Thnaks.

/ food plots
With my 2305 I intend to put in some food plots for the deer and turkeys etc.. Does anyone have one of the implements designed for this purpose? Thnaks.

/ food plots #3  
I just put a food plot in a few months ago with my 2210. I only used a box blade and FEL. I first tore the field with the scarifiers on the BB, then scraped the sod with the FEL. I even incorporated the lime and fertilizer by lowering the scarifiers, then smoothing out the field with the box. Ideally, I would have liked a tiller or disc harrow. I then would have broken up and turned the torn up sod rather than scrape it.

It did a pretty decent job, finishing a 1/2 acre in about a day. I know the BB isn't "specifically" designed for food plots, but it worked fine & I learned how to work it pretty well.

/ food plots #4  
I just put a food plot in a few months ago with my 2210. I only used a box blade and FEL. I first tore the field with the scarifiers on the BB, then scraped the sod with the FEL. I even incorporated the lime and fertilizer by lowering the scarifiers, then smoothing out the field with the box. Ideally, I would have liked a tiller or disc harrow. I then would have broken up and turned the torn up sod rather than scrape it.

It did a pretty decent job, finishing a 1/2 acre in about a day. I know the BB isn't "specifically" designed for food plots, but it worked fine & I learned how to work it pretty well.

/ food plots
Thanks for the reply. I'm impressed with the work these 'little' tractors can really do. While at my dealer I saw that the implement manufacturer, name escapes me, but they're tan color, has an all in one unit that you tow behind. Mifght look into one of those.

/ food plots
Thanks for the reply. I'm impressed with the work these 'little' tractors can really do. While at my dealer I saw that the implement manufacturer, name escapes me, but they're tan color, has an all in one unit that you tow behind. Mifght look into one of those.

/ food plots #9  
If it was tan it was probably Landpride. Good stuff!!!!

/ food plots #10  
If it was tan it was probably Landpride. Good stuff!!!!