Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 2520

Default food plots

With my 2305 I intend to put in some food plots for the deer and turkeys etc.. Does anyone have one of the implements designed for this purpose? Thnaks.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 2520

Default food plots

With my 2305 I intend to put in some food plots for the deer and turkeys etc.. Does anyone have one of the implements designed for this purpose? Thnaks.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2210

Default Re: food plots

I just put a food plot in a few months ago with my 2210. I only used a box blade and FEL. I first tore the field with the scarifiers on the BB, then scraped the sod with the FEL. I even incorporated the lime and fertilizer by lowering the scarifiers, then smoothing out the field with the box. Ideally, I would have liked a tiller or disc harrow. I then would have broken up and turned the torn up sod rather than scrape it.

It did a pretty decent job, finishing a 1/2 acre in about a day. I know the BB isn't "specifically" designed for food plots, but it worked fine & I learned how to work it pretty well.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2210

I just put a food plot in a few months ago with my 2210. I only used a box blade and FEL. I first tore the field with the scarifiers on the BB, then scraped the sod with the FEL. I even incorporated the lime and fertilizer by lowering the scarifiers, then smoothing out the field with the box. Ideally, I would have liked a tiller or disc harrow. I then would have broken up and turned the torn up sod rather than scrape it.

It did a pretty decent job, finishing a 1/2 acre in about a day. I know the BB isn't "specifically" designed for food plots, but it worked fine & I learned how to work it pretty well.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2210

Here's some pics. I thought this was attached to the last post>>> [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/jim2210/

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2210

Here's some pics. I thought this was attached to the last post>>> [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/jim2210/

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 2520

Thanks for the reply. I'm impressed with the work these 'little' tractors can really do. While at my dealer I saw that the implement manufacturer, name escapes me, but they're tan color, has an all in one unit that you tow behind. Mifght look into one of those.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 2520

Thanks for the reply. I'm impressed with the work these 'little' tractors can really do. While at my dealer I saw that the implement manufacturer, name escapes me, but they're tan color, has an all in one unit that you tow behind. Mifght look into one of those.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2005 John Deere 4720

If it was tan it was probably Landpride. Good stuff!!!!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2005 John Deere 4720

If it was tan it was probably Landpride. Good stuff!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast