john deere 4600

/ john deere 4600 #1  

Kelso

Tractor
JD 3320 w 300CX Loader; JD 830 (1975); Farmall Cub (1948)
Greetings, does anyone have basic knowledge about a 2002 john deere model 4600? I am looking at one with a 400x loader and roughly 150 hours. It does not have ehydro and the R4 tires look quite worn. Asking price is $17K. Is this in the ballpark? Thanks much. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ john deere 4600 #2  
Hardly broken in. If you are getting it from a dealer, then ask to see it's history, and find out why the tires are worn (if indeed they are or it is just the design). If not from a dealer, then get the serial number and go to a dealer to find out what the history of the tractor is, and if there is any recorded problems you should know about. Might want to know where it was originally sold, as you don't want a flood tractor.
If all looks good, then you have a great tractor. My neighbor has that model and thinks highly of it. He had to get one bigger than mine /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ john deere 4600 #3  
I agree with Beenthere... my tractor is a 4600 and it's been a real workhorse. I just turned 415 hours on mine and it still looks/runs like new. I'm glad I got the bigger tractor, too, as having the extra power has really helped.

Price wise, it doesn't sound too bad - but I'd find out where it was purchased and any background you can (re: the sn as beenthere suggests).

Good luck!

-Bob

/ john deere 4600
Thank you for the excellent advice. I will take your suggestions and check it out really good before I make a move on it. Thanks again! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif