Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs?

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #11  
I only had one problem in 2 years, and the dealer WOULD have transported it for free, but he fixed it right in my driveway, so transport was unneccessary. By the way, did I say it was FREE?

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #12  
I must be lucky, my dealer comes out p/u and brings back the same day or next. If warranty issue and cant fix same day, he will bring out loaner until fixed. Fitz

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #13  
My dealer is responsive and will pick up and deliver the tractor. Granted, I only live about 7 miles away, so it is fairly easy, but my dealer is known around here for being good to his customers..

If your dealer keeps this up, he will gain a "not so good" reputation..

Where are you located?

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #14  
At my Dealership, I offer free Pickup and Delivery during the Warranty period-(in many cases, 3 Years) many of my Competitor's don't offer this Service. I have paid for many Repairs outside of the Warranty period when John Deere would not cover it-right now, I am the only Dealership (according to Deere) in my State that has 100% Customer Satisfaction as measured by Deere. I have the best Technician's around-we offer premium Service.

I really hope I don't offend anyone here, but I am always amused by the discussions here on how to drive down the Dealer on the price of a new Tractor. The kinds of things we do cost serious money to keep the Customer happy. You know, the average Dealer is making about 2 cents on every Dollar that goes through his Dealership-not a lot.

And, as a Consumer, I understand the need to get a good deal, but when I purchase, say a new Car, I do my homework, I know what his cost is, but I let him make some money-after all, I want him to take care of me down the road.

I believe the Pickup/Delivery issue is in direct relation to how profitable a Dealership is, so it depends on where you live and the Dealer's competition-you would be surprised to see how many Dealerships are for Sale behind the scenes-

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #15  
If it is warranty related, it seems to me that the dealer could pick up and deliver for free to the customer and pass on the cost to JD. I assume that the labor and parts are being paid for by JD since they made a faulty machine and it is their fault that the machince is having to be hauled in the first place.

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs?
im in SC. i just borrowed a neighbor's trailer and took it myself - to anothe rdealer. new friends.

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #17  
I always recommend people ask about the dealer's policy on hauling for warranty work. Our dealership hauls warranty repairs for free if you buy from us. If you buy somewhere else and want us to do warranty repairs, then we charge. The fee varies with distance. We charge $75- $100 truck fee for round trip and drivers time is billed at $36.00 an hour both ways. If we didn't make the profit on sale, we can't afford to haul for free. With competition in today's marketplace and falling profit margins, free hauling may completely disappear.

/ Will your JD dealer pick up your new tractor for repairs? #18  
There's a sign at my dealer that says something to the effect "Pick-up & Delivery for Warranty Work is Not Covered Under the John Deere Warranty". But if you live nearby or he's driving by your place for other business he will pick-up/deliver...I'm sure every dealer has some lattitude in what they'll do or not.

-Norm