lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end

/ lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #1  

sandman2234

Tractor
JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers and now one Kubota
In my rough mowing, I knocked the dipstick that is mounted just to the right of the pto out, loosing it. I emailed a seller on ebay and his reply as to the length of it, was 5".
I was hoping for a better discription so I could make one. I purchased one, but it is adjustable and requires the old one to set it up. (If i had the old one, why would I need a new plastic one??) There is another 2555 here in town, but the dipstick goes forward, over the axle, whereas mine goes straight down, no bends.
Anybody have one so I can duplicate one out of something stronger than plastic(sold by JD) and get the correct level markings?
Thanks in advance,
David from jax

/ lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end
Sure would like someone that owns a 2555 to touch base on this with me...
Btt
David from jax

/ lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #3  
Hi Sandman,
I'll measure mine tonight and post dimmensions for you.

/ lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #4  
Sorry about the delay. We have been really busy.
The total length, from tip to the handle flange, that stops against the tube is 23 1/8 inches.
Here is a photo of the handle section

Attachments

• TAdipstick_hndl_lr.jpg
    TAdipstick_hndl_lr.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 107
   / lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #5  
and here is the tip section

Mine is a colar shift tranny, not the synchro and it's 2WD. Not sure that makes a difference but just in case.

Attachments

• TAdipstick_end_lr.jpg
    TAdipstick_end_lr.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 120
Slavetohorses,
Something isn't right about this.
I know I am not going crazy, but there is no way my JD 2555 had a dipstip that long. I seem to think it is about a foot long, with about the same amount of oil markings.
Does your dipstick go straight down next to the PTO output shaft, or does it go forward and then down, kind of like over the rear axle type of situation?
By the way, I really do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me, especially going thru the trouble to take and post those pictures.
David from jax
83c1b1b7.jpg

Last edited:
   / lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #7  
Mine does as you described, run forward to the right of the diff. It is not the same as yours.
My neighbor has a 2755 that might have the same rear end as yours. I will check this weekend.

/ lenth of dipstick on 2555 rear end #8  
Hi Sandman, The 2755 has the same rear end as yours. I pulled the dip stick and it measures 8-1/2" same measurement points as before.

I went to the "u pull it" junk yard this afternoon, and should have picked up a good used dipstick, so I can cut it off to fit.
Guess that gives me a reason to go back again.
Thanks for your help.
David from jax